Fallout: Lonestar - Texas-based Fan-made Mod

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
No Mutants Allowed posted information about a new mod for Fallout based in Texas. After seeing so many mods started but never finished hopefully this one is.

"Hello community!

It's been almost 5 years since I last posted .... I feel like I'm in confession .... and if you remember me at all then you might know that I used to be a major player for an old, now defunct, Fallout 2 total conversion mod called Fan Made Fallout. Do a search, there are some old posts of ours/mine still floating around here somewhere. Sadly, that project closed it's virtual doors in 2009 and if you go to the website now you'll find a page that you'll likely need to translate in order to read.

But a lot can happen in 5 years.

Last year, in November, a friend of mine who has worked on a number of official Fallout titles passed along word that there was a new mod in the works that was looking for people. And that's how I became a part of my new Fallout TC project: Fallout: Lonestar. We are creating a brand new game, currently modding on the G.E.C.K., that takes place in Texas (ironically, so did FMF). We are currently in pre-production and there's a TON of writing taking place on a daily basis. We are also creating a fair amount of concept art we're sharing with the community as we go. I'd like to invite you all to come over to our website and check us out!

To get the basic project information, go here (not updated to often, yet):
http://falloutmagnifico.com/

And to interact with us, check out our Facebook and Twitter pages (which get updated the most, so be sure to LIKE and FOLLOW):
https://www.facebook.com/Fallout.Lonestar
https://twitter.com/FalloutLonestar

Please feel welcome to come check us out any time and follow along with our development!

As a member of this community for almost 10 years I know how rare it is to see a project of this scope succeed. I've seen projects come and go ... and I've been a part of one for over 4 years. This feels so different. Come on this journey with us and see for yourself!

See you all in Texas!

Jack Shipley
Producer"
More information.

Not a member of social networks so will skip this.
Unless there is a social network in original Fallout games.

Any rumors of Fallout remake/mods in D:OS engine?

"Hello community!

It's been almost 5 years since I last posted …. I feel like I'm in confession …. and if you remember me at all then you might know that I used to be a major player for an old, now defunct, Fallout 2 total conversion mod called Fan Made Fallout.

I started reading and was thinking to myself "finally someone just shut up, did the work and now comes out with a finished project"

Keep reading….

oh, just starting. Good luck and all but ya, I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, I'd say the pre-production writing and concept art stage is slightly early to declare the project a "success".

Back
Top Bottom