Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

It is not an Elder Scrolls game - they use the engine only - everything else is completely new.
Some german reviews are pretty good for this game - they compare it with full games not with mods.
But I am still downloading - I have to play it myself to tell you more.

It is not an Elder Scrolls game - they use the engine only - everything else is completely new.
Some german reviews are pretty good for this game - they compare it with full games not with mods.
But I am still downloading - I have to play it myself to tell you more.

Thanks :excited: , that sounds interesting. Keep us informed please.

The biggest german Oblivion-Mod <Nehrim> is released !!!
Interesting. Apparently there is an English translation in the works (subtitles only, no English VO), with an estimated release in a month or two, so for those of us who don't understand German, there's hope of playing this mod/game yet.

HiddenX, Alrik, and others are all great at keeping us updated on the German to English front. I'll be checking the links out to see if it looks like something I'd be interested in. Thanks!

I am playing Nehrim for 18 hours now - and I take my hat off to SureAI for this fantastic game. This team shows what cool games can be made out of the Oblivion engine.
+ nice dungeons
+ working economy
+ learn skills from trainers
+ good story
+ very good dialogues and voice overs
+ no auto-leveling
+ enhanced maps and item GUI
+ teleporting costs runes(=money) no fast traveling at will
+ hand made landscape
+ many surprises -> don't forget to go to the theatre ;)
+ find special items/sets/runes in special locations -> exploring is fun

a very good total conversion of Oblivion - recommended!

sounds really good? is this in english?

There will be a version with english subtitles soon ( I think they planned it for August). Voiceovers will still be in german, though.

I also love this. The starting dungeon was one of the best I played in quite a while, I think. But I have to mention a caveat as well: I am having severe performance problems outside. I have to test this more if I can tweak it and what FPS I actually get, but it feels like FPS drops to 15 or so as soon as I stepped outside the starting dungeon, plus streaming stutters. Only thing that seems too help atm is turning distant land off, which is a pity. I have a decent if not totally current rig, that runs Oblivion with no problems.
Some other things are a bit rough around the edges (e.g. "cutscenes" that freeze you in place - akward in FP mode), but overall it reaches a near professional quality. I definitely recommend trying this as well and look forward to playing it more.

Anybody heard anything on the Nehrim for English front?

I decided to take a quick look, as I was wondering myself. This is what I found on http://www.nehrim.de/dataEV.html

"The English version of Nehrim will be released this weekend."

However, I have no idea whether that had actually been posted there this week, or has been up for a longer time.

EDIT: Ho, after taking a glance trough the forums I found evidence that the English version will be coming up this weekend. Now let's hope SureAI speaks the truth this time (it has been postponed too many times now).

Is it me, or did they remove it again? I can't find the english download anywhere!

EDIT: Never mind, I found a link on moddb. Can't wait!
EDIT2: However, the download at moddb is extremely slow. Anyone has a better window?

Last edited:
A nice new indie-game for the younger up-and-coming rpg-fans:

Recettear

Recettear is a game about an item store, the girl who lives in it, and the fairy whose job it is to make sure that the girl doesn't burn down the item store by accident.

Playing the game involves gathering items - either by playing the markets in the city of Pensee, or grabbing an adventurer and delving into the dungeons that dot the countryside - and selling them to the customers who come through your doors. Tear, the fairy, is here to collect on a loan your father took out - and she'll have to take the store, which doubles as your house, if you can't pay up!

demo

Anyone managed to install Nehrim ? I got the eng, version today but can't make it to work. I can go in the menu, but when I press new game nothing happens. Also, can someone make a DETAILED guide on how to install the game

Nehrim Homepage: Detailed guide

you have to activate the Nehrim mod-files:

Nehrim.esm and
NehrimData.esp

and deactivate all other (mod)-files.

Yes I got that pdf but I dont understant this part

Since Nehrim is a total conversion, it would not be advisable to install the mod directly into
the Oblivion installation folder – because in doing so there is simply too much data that will
be overwritten.
· Instead the installer automatically locates your Oblivion directory and copies out all the
needed information to play Nehrim into the Nehrim folder. This is a location on your hard
drive selectable by you.

So I can install Nehrim anywhere in my PC or in its default path?

Well I can't see the esp files when I look at the data files from the data launcher, and also NehrimLauncher gives me an error when I try to launch it.

Games is installed and I have the latest patch applied.

In my german version the launcher looks like this:

Attachments

• NehrimLauncher.JPG
    NehrimLauncher.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 111
Try out New 1000 AD. Its a free multiplayer text based strategy war game based on civilizations around the year 1000 ad. 10 different civlizations to learn and master, 2 different types of the game on site. All you need is a browser to play.

I just upgraded all the graphics in the game or least I paid someone to upgrade them. Should be a bit more appealing to the casual visitor. Hope that helps, the site was ugly before now it is alot better with all the new graphics.

http://www.new1000ad.com

Back
Top Bottom