The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Teaser Video

You know, if I didn't know what kind of games Neocore usually does, I would have though this was another JRPG from Square Enix.

What's with the androgynous Van Helsing and humongous sword? Could he be any gayer and the weapon look any more ridiculous? *Geez*

not bad. hopefully it touches a bit the soulreaver feeling

Hmm... What the hell was that? I mean seriously what the hell was that?

Wow you guys are critical. It's an ARPG. You'll be likely looking at the top of your character's head for 47 hours. Plus, it's going on XBLA, so I get the cartoony theme as it will likely widen their audience - kids, teens, and perhaps even some of the Asian market. Yeah, it's a little on the disney side, but so is WoW and loads of other games that have become really popular.

If you look over here, they've got some really awesome character art, so afaic, it looks great. http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/10/neocore-to-releases-the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-in-q4/

Oversized sword —-> huge fail

Yeah because a normal looking, average size sword would fit extremely well with the rest of the anime art style? ;)

Wouldnt mind something like SoulReaver and i don't mind anime at all (guess i'm manly enough, and confident enough about my sexual orientation to not care the least if something looks "cute" or not, unlike quite a few people on these boards :p ).

Yeah because a normal looking, average size sword would fit extremely well with the rest of the anime art style? ;)

Perhaps I was too vague. You should have read:

Oversized sword —> Over the top anime style art —> Not my cup of tea —> Skip it and move along

(guess i'm manly enough, and confident enough about my sexual orientation to not care the least if something looks "cute" or not, unlike quite a few people on these boards :p ).

So……that is why you like playing games where you can wield HUUUUUGE Swords ;).

Perhaps I was too vague. You should have read:

Oversized sword —> Over the top anime style art —> Not my cup of tea —> Skip it and move along

So……that is why you like playing games where you can wield HUUUUUGE Swords ;).

I don't prefer one over the other, the most important thing is that the art style is consistent and not all over the place, a normal looking sword with this type of anime graphics would look very off.. Too bad you dont like anime art, you're missing out on a lot of great shows :)

White hair - check
Huge ass sword giving the hero huge ass powers - check
Emo attitude - check

Seriously, i don't get why the whole jrpg scene has such an obsession with Elric, yet there have been no true Elric of Melnibone games ever.

Back
Top Bottom