Gothic 3 New Community Patch out. v1.5

Waiting for 1.6 is probably best, but... 1.52 really is a big improvement and worth playing. One thing to note is that since 1.6 will be revising the save structure, a new game will surely be required.

I remember the new developers saying something about joining forces with the community patch team for further patches.

Does anybody know when will 1.6 patch come out? I was just thinking of buying g3 as I will soon have new computer and will finally be able to play it for the first time, and I'd like to play it with this new patch, so any ideas when it's going to be released?

Nobody knows. The only thing they confirmed, at least I think I remember it, is that the deadline for new material for the patch was a few days before Christmas.

Great news! If anyone starts with this I would love to hear how it plays.

It seems the new patch adds a lot of stability on cost of lower performance. Most people only have 3-5 fps less, but others 10-15 fps.

This is great, it is compatible with any existing version of Gothic 3, so there's no need to restart a current game!

Copied from Glockenbeat's post...

[As a sidenote which is not mentioned so far:

The patch is compatible to every available version of Gothic 3.
Furthermore you don't need to start a new game but may use your old saves, but we recommend starting a new one since some fixes will only work when you did.]

Regards

Just for reference what might those seven fixes be ? - havn't checked them out yet.

One good thing i have noticed - the highlight focus now only shows if there is loot to be had, this saves all the searching of all dead bodies - if it highlights then there is loot, a lot simpler.

Just for reference what might those seven fixes be ? - havn't checked them out yet.

The following fixes will only become effective when a new game is started, but not in already existing savegames:
- Strafing speed of ogres and goblins has been adjusted.
- Female slaves do not wear weapons or shields anymore.
- The Orcs in Al Shedim now react to the death of one of them with aggressive behaviour even if the player already handed all five artifacts to one of the gods.
+ Some orcs now sell orcish weapons as well as their standard equipment.
- The perk "orc slayer" now works
- No unnecessary level up messages are being displayed anymore when the hero is transformed into an animal
- Experience the hero gained while being transformed into an animal is not lost anymore when turned back into a human being

Thanks JDR13, that is very interesting info especially the last one...

[Experience the hero gained while being transformed into an animal is not lost anymore when turned back into a human being]

Now if this is true it will bring an awesome change to the game. I personally have always suspected and wanted this to happen but it never worked no matter how determined i tried yet was highly suggested by the Druids.

I wasn't even aware that I was losing experience gained that way. It doesn't bother me that much though, because how many kills do you get as an animal anyways? I'm playing as a Druid\Mage right now, but I almost never kill anything while transformed, it seems somewhat underpowered to me.

Back
Top Bottom