Realms of Arkania Trilogy being re-released?

It's no rumor. I forgot to post it a couple of days ago. JoWooD announced in their quarterly report that the NLT will be released in (financial ?) Q4. Worldwide.

Hi Does anyone know where I can find the realms star trial music from off the cd. I have searched on different websites but they all worse then actual ingame music that i remember playing. Could it be there are two versions of some of the songs? Perhaps the originals composed by Horst and then the upgraded versions that were released with the game????

I believe what you could mean are Midi and Audio-CD versions. Plus, maybe versions for Soundblaster, I don't know.

The stand-alone Audio-CDs containing the soundtrack are very, very rare. Other than that, there are only the game Cds containing the data part and the audio music part.

There, the audio-cd part should be the same.

But I think that the stand-alone music/soundtrack CDs might have a kind of upgrade especially for these soundtrack CDs. But since I'm no expert at all in things audio, I can't say.

It was released.
As Sacred.

To quote wikipedia (the Sacred entry):
"One tombstone reads "Here lies A.R.Malion" which is a reference to the fact that the game had begun development as Armalion - a game set in The Dark Eye-universe - by developer Ikarion Software. Ikarion was forced to declare itself bankrupt and was acquired by Ascaron, who built Sacred on top of Armalion."

Just as LMK became Divine Divinity after they kicked the TDE license.

I believe what you could mean are Midi and Audio-CD versions. Plus, maybe versions for Soundblaster, I don't know.

Do you think if i was to go and find a second hand copy of the game that they would contain the original songs? This midi versions sound like the songs just tini-boppy and less impressive.

Wasn't there a continuation of the Realms-Of-Arkania trilogy called "Armalion" but never got released?

[anal mode]
Not quite. While it is true that Armalion would have been based on the same universe, it was not really meant to be a continuation of the Realms of Arkania trilogy (since the trilogy already had three parts it never really needed a continuation anyway since it was kinda finished at three parts ;) ).
If anything, LMK would have been closer to being a sequel to the RoA trilogy than Armalion. Armalion was originally supposed to become pretty RPG light with more strategy game elements while LMK was supposed to have more RPG elements though not even nearly on the level of complexity as the original trilogy.
A "real" sequel to the RoA trilogy, however, was never really planned.
[/anal mode]

"One tombstone reads "Here lies A.R.Malion" which is a reference to the fact that the game had begun development as Armalion - a game set in The Dark Eye-universe - by developer Ikarion Software. Ikarion was forced to declare itself bankrupt and was acquired by Ascaron, who built Sacred on top of Armalion."

A similar Wikipedia entry on the German-language page of Sacred referring to the tombstones was made by me.

In one thread about Drakensang in the Ulisses forum there is one entry by I think it was Dr. Stefan Blanck of Chromatrix explaining the fall of Armalion best. I don't remember anymore where this entry was, though.

Do you think if i was to go and find a second hand copy of the game that they would contain the original songs? This midi versions sound like the songs just tini-boppy and less impressive.

Yes, I think so.

By the way : I had the new re-release in my hands today. So I can definitiveöy confirm it's out by now.

It was released.
As Sacred.

Really? I had no idea. I remember being disppointed when Armalion was cancelled. I never played Sacred. Maybe i will now.

The German NLT is available. Maybe one of our members wants to post the details. Here's the summary:

Forget about it.

As it turned out, the game(s) seem to have the "expert option" completely turned OFF.

I simply can't understand this. The game has been "dumbed down" as if no-one actually wanted to play the game in "expert mode". "Streamlining", I say.

But as a solution, there is a fan-made patch to unlock it again available.

Me, I still haven't got the package.

According to some users at the JoWood forums the expert mode is only disabled for the first game. It also doesn't seem to have the audio-CD soundtracks.

In the JoWood forums, a "fix" for "reactivating" the expert-mode is mentioned:
http://forum.jowood.com/showpost.php?p=2422234&postcount=17
It could be the one mentioned above or a similar one.

Hey guys, I've managed to run English Arkania 1 - Blade of Destiny with the CD audio tracks from German version. Using dosbox and creating a CD in mixed mode. Gosh it's so easy. I'll try to create Star Trail with CD-audio from German version too.

Back
Top Bottom