DA:O Tactics questions (360)

Dragon Age: Origins

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
Hi there. I haven't been playing long and I haven't looked at the tactics very much. But I experimented a bit to get a rogue character to use his bow first, and then switch to melee weapon in close combat. I set his Bahvior to Default and his Preset to Archer. I then manually selected his bow and it works ok. He uses his bow at first then switches to his melee weapons in close combat. But after the battle he doesn't swtich back to his bow, so I have to manually select it again.

If I set his Behavior to Ranged then he will fire at targets as soon as he sees them and I don't want that. So is there a way to do that?

Also, I've noticed that if I'm firing at a target that's quite far away, my melee characters just stand there next to me not doing anything. Is there a way I can command them to move forward and attack, without switching to one and attacking manually? And without them attacking automatically as soon as they see a target. I like to initiate the combat personally, that way my party doesn't engage anyone before I'm ready.

Any other general Tactics tips would be appreciated.

A couple of other quick questions; what is a Tactics Slot? When I level up I get a message "One Tactics Slot Aquired."

And is the Cunning attribute what determines if I spot a trap or fail to detect it?

Thank you kindly.

what is a Tactics Slot? When I level up I get a message "One Tactics Slot Aquired."

At last, something I can help with shooman :)

You have a small logical list of behaviours in Tactics. If your health drops below 50% use a potion for example. If you are surrounded by two enemies use a tactic or spell and so on

Those are the tactics slots. One more tactics slot (I only found out about this last night so I'm hot) :) means one more evaluation- 'Am I surrounded by enemies, is my health low, is my party leader taking damage etc' -for the character when in battle. One more triggered behaviour for the tactical list which might already have been filled up by health checks, mana checks and so on

Peter

Hi there. I haven't been playing long and I haven't looked at the tactics very much. But I experimented a bit to get a rogue character to use his bow first, and then switch to melee weapon in close combat. I set his Bahvior to Default and his Preset to Archer. I then manually selected his bow and it works ok. He uses his bow at first then switches to his melee weapons in close combat. But after the battle he doesn't swtich back to his bow, so I have to manually select it again.
you can rearrange the order of execution, so you could have a rule saying 'switch to ranged' as the last rule, with a rule before that like 'switch to melee if being attacked by melee' for example.

If I set his Behavior to Ranged then he will fire at targets as soon as he sees them and I don't want that. So is there a way to do that?
I'm not sure what the behavior does. But you could set a rule to attack what the leader is attacking for example.
Also, I've noticed that if I'm firing at a target that's quite far away, my melee characters just stand there next to me not doing anything. Is there a way I can command them to move forward and attack, without switching to one and attacking manually? And without them attacking automatically as soon as they see a target. I like to initiate the combat personally, that way my party doesn't engage anyone before I'm ready.

A couple of other quick questions; what is a Tactics Slot? When I level up I get a message "One Tactics Slot Aquired."
Basically the # of tactic rows you can define for the character.

Back
Top Bottom