wizadry 8 on gog!!!!

Question is - should I definitely play them in sequence (6-7-8)? I realize that might take a long time given the rate I finish games at. But I've heard they play differently if you import your party from game to game.

It's not a necessity to play them in order. I didn't play Wiz 6&7 before playing through 8, and yet I enjoyed 8 immensely.

Personally, I think 6&7 have aged rather poorly, and I couldn't bring myself to play them very long when I tried a few years ago. The problem is that there was nearly a decade between the releases of Wiz 7 (1992) and Wiz 8 (2001), and they are almost nothing alike imo.

Just use a virtual stick for movement. Look at ravensword shadowlands or Aralon. It would work just fine, in fact fot should just make rhr wervice via a dow emulator available on the ipad in its entiry like atari did. They already have the sistribution licenses.

Hope so. I would buy it again as I never had any luck getting it to work again.

Total conversion? I think I missed something.

I want to see W&W on gog too. But I don't think it will happen. Because W&W has too many graphical glitches on modern machines that some of them make playing the game impossible.

Got the "your GOG Wish is granted" email this morning! Now I can finally finish this thing! Those swamps won't get me a second time....

This is great news my discs are very scratched and take a long time to read.

Out of curiousity, do you guys know on the GoG version can you transfer characters? And if so, is it advantageous or better just to start out new every game?

Should be possible.

There are some rewards and dialog options if you play through the whole triology.
Some of your items will be transfered from game to game, too.

Making the epic journey from Wizardry 6 to Wizardry 8 is roleplaying pure and very rewarding.

It's not a necessity to play them in order. I didn't play Wiz 6&7 before playing through 8, and yet I enjoyed 8 immensely.

Personally, I think 6&7 have aged rather poorly, and I couldn't bring myself to play them very long when I tried a few years ago. The problem is that there was nearly a decade between the releases of Wiz 7 (1992) and Wiz 8 (2001), and they are almost nothing alike imo.

If (like me) you never played Wizardry 7 back in 1992 the game will make a horrible first impression. Stick with it, though, for once you get past the superficial "oh my God this looks ancient I can't possible play this piece of garbage" reaction Crusaders of the Dark Savant is almost guaranteed to get you hooked like few other RPGs. Also, Wiz7 and Wiz8 (and Wiz6) do have a lot of similiarites in terms of the character development/skill system so they really feel interconnected despite the difference in engines and the passage of time.

If (like me) you never played Wizardry 7 back in 1992 the game will make a horrible first impression. Stick with it, though, for once you get past the superficial "oh my God this looks ancient I can't possible play this piece of garbage" reaction Crusaders of the Dark Savant is almost guaranteed to get you hooked like few other RPGs. Also, Wiz7 and Wiz8 (and Wiz6) do have a lot of similiarites in terms of the character development/skill system so they really feel interconnected despite the difference in engines and the passage of time.

It wasn't the graphics that really put me off, it was the interface and the fact that you had to level your characters in such a way that made them absolute powerhouses, otherwise you just fail.

I wonder though... will I every play 7? I tried both 6 and 7, but 6 is even worse. I don't mind shoddy graphics, but the interface of these older games... bleh!

I actually liked (in its time) Wiz 7 more than Wiz 8. Something about things happening in the world while I was playing it I guess. If I remember correctly, the Xth part of whatever you needed would be originally in spot X, but when you got there, it was gone. Another party also trying to form the Artifact of Doomness (or whatever it was), may have snatched it before you, so you had to track them down. Or am I thinking of another game? it's been too long. Maybe time for a second playthrough!

I always feel a bit bad that I don't like the Wizardry games. I tracked this down years ago, was initially more impressed than with the earlier ones, but after several dozen long, boring combats against huge groups of enemies, I just had to give up.

Will they ever get wizards and warriors for pc on GoG?

I am really hoping so ... I never finished it before moving off the one PC I could get it working reliably on ...

Why should they? W8 works like a FPS in non-combat mode. Very awkward on an Ipad.

They already have the japanese wizardry games there, wiz 8 would work fine on an ipad.

Is wiz 8 dw bradleys magnum opus?
Or was it Dungeon Lords?

Never played the wizardry games, i always get a TES-like vibe of devotion from it's fanboys. Im probably missing out on this mythically legendary Wiz8

David W. Bradley:
Among his game designs are three Wizardry titles for Sir-Tech (5, 6, and 7) and the action game CyberMage for Origin Systems. In 1995, Bradley founded his own company, Heuristic Park. Heuristic Park released Wizards & Warriors in 2000 and Dungeon Lords in 2005.

His masterpieces are Wizardry 6,7 and Cybermage. Wizards & Warriors is not bad, too.

Wizardry 8 belongs to the trilogy Wizardry 6,7,8.
Linda Currie is credited as producer of Wizardry 8. Brenda Brathwaite was the game's lead designer.

Back
Top Bottom