2012 National Republican Platform

It's already happened. And comments like both sides are doing it doesn't help. There's also the matter of degree and the source. A candidate and national strategy based on a pack of lies is much worse than pundits making up a few lies as they go.

Kinda like "hope & change"?

You people keep arguing whether you want to hang yourself with a red rope or a blue rope. I'll skip the gallows entirely.

Kinda like "hope & change"?

You people keep arguing whether you want to hang yourself with a red rope or a blue rope. I'll skip the gallows entirely.

Now you're on my wavelength!! :) Why vote for politicians; it only encourages them!! :D

Its not so much even about both sides doing anything how one or either of them can get away with it to the extent they do. That problem comes in part from a news media that is completely incapable of delivering these facts in a way that actually reaches people who believe the falsehoods to be true - whenever they occur. That requires they be part of a more comprehensive commentary that approaches viewers who may have been taken in from a point of respect and understanding first and foremost. That's slow and its hard to get right and not sound (or be) disingenuous so they don't do it. Much easier to save that for an online blog post or a throw-away segment that viewers can just ignore if they don't like the cognitive dissonance.

I was referring to DTE's comment.

Also, hope and change isn't a negative smear lie on another candidate. So that's a false equivalency. I do agree that the press is more interested in delivering entertainment rather than facts.

To tell you the truth, the abortion stance doesn't scare me nearly as much as Romney laughing off global warming.

In 1981,President Reagan came to office with an agenda of strong American leadership, beginning with arestoration of our country’s military strength. The rest is history, written in the rubble of the Berlin Walland the Iron Curtain.
This view has always struck me as really weird. I would say the Soviet Union collapsed because communism just flat out doesn't work. People are simply too self-centered for a system like that to work. But what are the Republicans saying? All those demonstrations in the street were because the Russians were afraid of the USA?

OMG, here's a rich one, check THIS out on page 40!

Sequestration - which is severe, automatic, across-the-board cuts in defense spending over the next decade - of the nation’s military budget would be a disaster for national security, imperiling thesafety of our servicemen and women, accelerating the decline of our nation’s defense industrial base, and resulting in the layoff of more than 1 million skilled workers. Opposition to sequester is bipartisan; even the current Secretary of Defense has said the cuts will be “devastating” to America’s military. Yet the current President supported sequestration, signed it into law, and has threatened to veto Republican efforts to prevent it. If he allows an additional half trillion dollars to be cut from the defense budget, America will be left with the smallest ground force since 1940, the smallest number of ships since 1915, and the smallest Air Force in its history - at a time when our Nation faces a growing range of threats to our national security and a struggling economy that can ill afford to lose 1.5 million defense-related jobs.
What the Hades is THAT? So the fiscal cliff is now Obama's fault? Were talking about a statement 40 pages into a party platform. This isn't going to be read by people who weren't paying attention to the budget fiasco last year. So who do they think they're fooling? Do they actually BELIEVE this revisionist history?? It wasn't even a year ago!

Do they actually BELIEVE this revisionist history?? It wasn't even a year ago!

Of course. If you repeat a lie often enough eventually people will start believing it. Or at least they will begin doubting the truth.

The purpose of the two parties is not to govern the country but to self perpetuate themselves. Their members spend more time raising money than anything else. Why? So they can get elected again and raise more money.

And then they tell us that all the big donations have no effect on how they vote (when they take time off from raising money to actually vote on anything). Yup, if someone gives me $10 million dollars I would never take into account what that person wants. They obviously think we are all stupid and it appears they are correct.

Because all that matters is getting elected lying, cheating, exaggerating, stealing, tricking, whatever it takes, is OK.

They also rig the system so that no one else can get in and if an independent does get in they won't have any power because of how committees are set up.

Back
Top Bottom