What games are you playing now?

I have my first go in Vtm:Redemption , at start i was put off by the ancient graphics and mechanics but the more i am getting into the more the game shines and it's difficulty is like half of this in Bloodlines.
Levelling system is awesome , loot is nice , dialogues are interesting (although their English are funny) , too bad they guy falls in love with the first woman he meets and gets embraced after 1 1/2 hours of gameplay.

Still on Witcher and finding hard a bit harder now. The ghosts in the haunted house were a problem until i applied spectre oil, and fleders also seemed to be a bit of a prob, but i suspect i haven't upgraded my resistence to pain, fear and stun attempts enough. Buying the upgraded armour should help for that - if only it wasn't so damned expensive!

Installed Crysis and Crysis: Warhead, as well as Bioshock 1&2 today, all of which I've played through in the past, with the exception of Bioshock 2.

I just wanted some more games on my newly installed Windows 7 partition, and I wanted to see how they worked with my new video card. I have to say, being able to play Crysis at 1920x1200 with high settings is pretty sweet.

Disappointed with Bioshock though, I was looking forward to seeing how it looked in DirectX 10, but the difference is negligible. It also hasn't aged well at all imo, especially for a game that's only 3 years old.

Also, I'll never understand why devs often don't include an option to disable the crosshair in first-person games. It annoys me greatly, especially when you have the function of aiming down the site.

I've begun the adventure game of "EVerlight". Nice game, but the puzzles are unfamiliar - and therefore difficult.

There's a curse on a whole town - which makes the people act differently during the night ! VERY differently !

But still ... - Both Night & Day are needed for solving the puzzles ...

I decided once again to postpone forming my own opinion on Alpha Protocol (I'm so confused) and I started playing Scratches (Director's cut) instead - because the weather's very hot right now and I need to leave my window open at night and I still have trouble sleeping due to the heat, so I figured, let's find a nice relaxing game to play before going to bed to calm my nerves and make me feel safe… and so Scratches it is.

Well… I haven't lost any sleep yet - not from the game at least, that pizza I ate last night was a bit too much though - but that doesn't happen easily anyway… the Lost Crown was the only game that got to me a bit, other than that horror does tend to relax me, probably because I'm sick or something.

The problem I'm having however is that this has to be the only first-person adventure game I've played since… Risen I think - and that was more than a decade ago. I avoid those for have a reason… the bloody thing is giving me terrible motion sickness. So it seems I'll have to go through it in many short sessions. Reviews tend to be rather obscure when difficulty is concerned, but hopefully it will be on the easy side and I won't get stuck at any point for too long because I'd hate to give it up halfway through due to the camera making me dizzy.

Installing ME2 now. I gave up on The Witcher... I just can't get into this game.

Loving Age of Mythology atm :D It's quite fun! Playing IWD2 whenever I have some spare time. Replaying DA:A again, altho I might lose interest again soon enough since this is my 3rd play through. And ofcourse, still playing BG2 <3

Starting DOW:Chaos Rising, so far it's pretty fun and theyre shaking things up a little w/ random events kinda happening in the scenarios n stuff.

Casually playing thru the Witcher again here and there

glad you discovered and are enjoying Age of Mythology miss purple, great old game. I used to be all about the Greeks, lately in skirmish mode i like playing the Egytians. Fun campaign, dont forget the Titans expansion

Last edited:
New on the scene for me are some Adventure games; just finished Black Mirror (the first game) which i enjoyed bar the ending.

Now busy with Darkness Within, which I'm somehow not enjoying, though it is exceedingly creepy. I'm finding it quite hard, and I keep feeling stuck.

Last edited:
Starting DOW:Chaos Rising, so far it's pretty fun and theyre shaking things up a little w/ random events kinda happening in the scenarios n stuff.

Casually playing thru the Witcher again here and there

glad you discovered and are enjoying Age of Mythology miss purple, great old game. I used to be all about the Greeks, lately in skirmish mode i like playing the Egytians. Fun campaign, dont forget the Titans expansion

I'm into Greeks now too! My bf loves Egytians tho (we are playing together against computer). I already ahve Titans expansion installed ;)

My bf picked up DoW: Chaos Rising yesterday and says its quite fun indeed. I'm too scared to give it a go tho. I might get completely smashed again like I did in Starcraft.

Few hours into ME2 at the moment. This game is a pleasant surprise so far! Far better than DAO! Now my soul is owned by Bioware >.< (BG2, DA:A and now ME2...)

Few hours into ME2 at the moment. This game is a pleasant surprise so far! Far better than DAO! Now my soul is owned by Bioware >.< (BG2, DA:A and now ME2…)

Sacrelidge! :mad:

Anyway, glad you're enjoying AOM, but I do hope you've tried out the campaign - IMO it's a good one - nice and different to your run of the mill RTS, as far as the story goes.

I finished KB: Armored Princess, and am trading time between Titan Quest: Immortal Throne, NWN 2: Mask of the Betrayer, and have started HoMM V.

After KB, I couldn't resist trying out HoMM V. I think I like KB, better. The lack of an open world and the scenario structure where you lose all all your inventory and resources at the end of each scenario is a turn off… thankfully the resource gathering is not onerous. The world design is pretty cool though.

EDIT: One big frustration was that enemy stacks started getting too big (2K or so) if I took my time to explore or pick up recruits. Sort of forces you to rush through… I never liked level scaling, which is thankfully completely absent in KB.

Last edited:
Did some spring cleaning, and realized I never played much of HOMM 3, though loved all the other HOMMs, (still need to finish HOMM 5) so tucking into the HOMM3 campaigns now.

I figure I'll play through HoMM 5 and expansions, and then pick up HoMM 3 as the next to play in the series, unless another is thought to be better.

Just finished NWN2 OC, which was a replay. I played it through with my ex - a couple of years back, and that way you tend to miss a bit of story.

To be honest, I was suprised how dull the campaign really is - and how dreadful the voice acting was. Only a few interesting characters, and the typical attempt at "depth" by Obsidian writers. I remember liking it more the first time, but whatever.

Still, it was a nice experience in terms of getting to build a character from 1-20 - and it wasn't too boring - just "meh".

Started MotB, and this time I'm actually going to play it :)

I'm not expecting too much, because it reminds me of Torment - which I've never been a big fan of. Too much pretentious dialogue and quirky stuff - just because - but at least I'll get to build my Fighter/Frenzied Berserker/Weapon Master all the way to 30 ;)

Age of Mythology! Excellent game, haven't played it for ages. Can't recall having a preference among the three factions, they all seemed good to me. Of course, certain units were a bit overpowered, upsetting the balance a bit (the "myth" ones, such as the avenger or giant/colossus/thingymabob/whateveritscalled).

NWN2.. I love the 2nd half of the game, but the 1st half is beyond boring. Castle building, the thing with Ammon Jherro, etc is all good in my opinion, but dragging my stinking, lazy butt all the way from the starting village to Neverwinter with every new character.. sigh.

I agree that the 2nd half of NWN 2 OC was a lot of fun. In particular, upgrading the keep was a nice sub-game within the RPG. MotB - I have just made it to the first town. Need to get further along to say much more; but, so far so good.

I'm not playing anything. I've completely ran out of games to play and I'm reduced to reading books to pass the time. Can you believe that? Reading books!

I've got to find something to hold me over to October so I've ordered Baldur's Gate 2 which I haven't played in years but recall it being very long. It still hasn't arrived. If it still hasn't come by the weekend I'll have to replay Mass Effect 2 or something to tide me over. I'll be goddamned if I'm enduring a weekend without a game to play.

Still messing around in Eschalon: Book II. I'm on my fourth start, and hopefully this time I won't gimp my character so badly I can't kill a Black Mold with a copper throwing knife from five paces. (That was a rogue build, but made the mistake of picking Thrown Weapons over Piercing Weapons—didn't work out.) My Ranger build was very effective but got to be too easy. This current one is a pure Druid spellcaster.

We'll see.

@Rivian Witch: HoMM3 should keep you busy for a while. Best TB strat in my collection. There are still campaigns I haven't beaten after ten years. :)

Ugh, I hope you don't hate me for this, Magerette, but I was just about to say that after having played HOMM 1 and 2 extensively, I began to feel bored by the same-old-same-old kinds of units being repeated in HOMM3 (at least HOMM 2 had a greater variety of spells and creatures than HOMM 1 had).

So I decided to take the plunge, and against everybody's hate for HOMM4, give it a decent go.

...and I'm having an absolute ball of a time! I just cannot put this game down...- I get up bleary-eyed in the mornings because it's keeping me until 2 AM in the mornings. Sure, the huge difference in the interface is actually a shock at first, and many things have been changed, but most definitely not for the worse! The graphics are crisp and lovely, the environments rich, and the creatures are fresh and new.
The only thing I deplore a little, is that focus seems to have been removed from city-building compared to the previous HOMMs and HOMM 5. In the other HOMMs, building up the right structures in your stronghold ASAP, is absolutely crucial. Here, the focus seems to be more on your hero and on exploring the environment.
Ah, well, and what an environment full of eye-candy it is... :cool:

Some features seem to have been borrowed from other games, notably, for instance, the tree-like structure in your stronghold that you get in the Disciples games. (One branch precludes the building of another parallel branch).

I also like that the campaigns are more focussed around proper stories; and boy, is there attention to detail in this game! :wideeyed:

Back
Top Bottom