Help send my wife to Sri Lanka

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
No this isn't a punishment, my wife is has been working with a charity called The Cartwheel Initiative that does art therapy for kids in natural or man made disasters. They're still in their infancy, but last year they spent 3 weeks working with kids affected by the Civil War in Sri Lanka. This year they are going back again. They hope to expand their programs to other areas, including domestically.

As such, they have started an indiegogo campaign to fund this trip and get the organization really rolling.

So I would be greatly appreciated for any help in either donating to their campaign or just sending the link on to your friends and family.

The Cartwheel Initiative: The Dreams Project

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-cartwheel-initiative-the-dreams-project

Our sophomore project to Sri Lanka! Help the kids who survived war and tsunami tell stories about their dreams using short stop-motion animation films

Done sir. You couldnt have done it on kickstarter? Indiegogo requires you to use your creditcard while kickstarted allows you to use paypal aswell as creditcards.

Done sir. You couldnt have done it on kickstarter? Indiegogo requires you to use your creditcard while kickstarted allows you to use paypal aswell as creditcards.

I thought it was vice versa ?

I thought it was vice versa ?

I just funded this one and it didnt give me the option of using paypal. And i remember using payal on kickstarter. Can anyone verify if kickstarter allowed you to use paypal.

I just checked you are correct. It seems her account isnt verified with paypal so that is probably why i didnt get the option maybe?

I don't have any, but I'll post and send the link to my friends. Good luck with your campaign.

Thanks! I'm not involved with the charity so I didn't have any say! My wife said though that there were a couple of advantages to indiegogo:

1) It's not all or nothing like kickstarter (so if they only raise $10k of the goal of $15k, they still get the $10k
2) For US based donors, the gifts are tax deductible through Indiegogo, but they wouldn't have been through Kickstarter (I'm not sure exactly how that works, but they claim that is the way it is).

I'm glad my wife is going to get to do this, I think it will be a fantastic experience for her (she's an artist by trade so its really up her alley), but have to admit, its going to be an interesting three weeks. My mother is coming up to help me take care of my 2yo daughter. I see lots more grey hair in my future!

I just checked you are correct. It seems her account isnt verified with paypal so that is probably why i didnt get the option maybe?

I'll let them know and see if they can get it fixed. Thanks!

A noble job, I'll definetly toss some into it. If they don't accept only donations from USA.

Somehow I feel more happy to put something into this than paying for smartphone games crap.

Thanks! I believe it accepts donations from anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom