Unsung Story - Kickstarter Updates #6 & 7

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Playdek posted two new Kickstarter updates for Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians.

Update #6 - "Updated Stretch Goals, PS4 Added"

You guys have been the best fans anyone could have asked for and we are so grateful to have such a passionate bunch of people backing this amazing project! When we first started down this journey we had no idea we would come across such an inspirational group of fans that it makes us really excited to be trying to make sure all of your needs and wants with this game are being met. We have been reading all of your comments, ideas, and suggestions and have decided to rearrange the Stretch Goals to move your priorities such as platform preferences and additional creative talents to the front of our list.
Update #7 - "Thank You All for Your Support Thus Far"

Thank you all so much for your continued support and for your all of your great suggestions and comments! We are so close to reaching our base campaign and we are super excited to have all of you on board through this amazing journey!

After our last update we saw a lot of comments regarding our initial decision to allow backers in the $80 tiers and up the opportunity to choose their copy of the game for their preferred platform which included Stretch Goal platforms as they are met. Your reaction really got us thinking; the entire point of this Kickstarter campaign was to bring this game out to all the platforms you requested and because of this we realized that we shouldn't limit your choices.

We have decided that fans at all tiers that have a digital copy of the game ($20 tier and up) will have the ability to choose between all platforms we develop for; PS Vita, PS4, and Nintendo 3DS included.
More information.

I'm starting to agree with a few other posters. Where is the game-play footage? I'm serious seven updates and we only have concept art.:disappointed:

Interesting, but where is the rest of the money for making this game coming from? And what is the total budget for the project? I don't imagine they are going to be able to make much of a game for $600k. I can't find how much FF tactics cost to make, from a quick Google, but I'd guess it was budgeted in the 10s of millions rather than 100s of thousands.

I'm starting to agree with a few other posters. Where is the game-play footage? I'm serious seven updates and we only have concept art.:disappointed:

I got the impression that there is no gameplay footage because they are still in the pre-production phase. As far as I can gather, the only thing that has been done is the design documents and a bit of concept art. So they don't have a working prototype and the mechanics may not even be entirely fleshed out yet. After all their estimated release date is July 2015 and that is probably subject to delays.

Interesting, but where is the rest of the money for making this game coming from? And what is the total budget for the project? I don't imagine they are going to be able to make much of a game for $600k. I can't find how much FF tactics cost to make, from a quick Google, but I'd guess it was budgeted in the 10s of millions rather than 100s of thousands.

I'm thinking Playdek is using a lot of their own money to fund it. They apparently have released a number of very successful iOS games… They have said from the beginning that even if their Kickstarter fails, they will still make the game, only that it would be smaller & probably only released for mobile platforms. The KS is for extra funds to make the game better and develop it for PC and possibly consoles if the stretch goals are met.

Last edited:
It don't necessarily need footage on gameplay. I would be satisfied with some information in text form. They should just descripe it, how it's planned to be, how it compares to other known games etc. If they don't have plans yet, they shouldn't yet have gone to KS.

It don't necessarily need footage on gameplay. I would be satisfied with some information in text form. They should just descripe it, how it's planned to be, how it compares to other known games etc. If they don't have plans yet, they shouldn't yet have gone to KS.

Totally agree with you there. I just saw in the comments that they said they're preparing a long update which will go into detail about what gameplay mechanics will be like. All we know right now is that it will be a turn-based tactical RPG.

My problem is they claim they will support PC to PS4 to 3DS and more. That right there is a red flag. The 3DS is a totally weak system that can barely render 3D (see graphical fidelity of Fire Emblem). On the other hand, PC and PS4 are obviously 1080p powerhouses. There is just no way to make a consistent experience on 1080p and 240p.

The point is they are reaching too much. They want to be everything to everyone. Just tell me: is your game a 240p mobile/3DS game or an actual 1080p game?

Back
Top Bottom