Steam - Daily Sale Deals Redux

I grabbed it as well.

These are some sick deals. I've purchased both Left 4 Dead games and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition for a combined total of $16. I'm still irked that I missed Two Worlds 2 when it was on sale though.

I bought both Left for Dead games for 5 Euros, that is just insane. I also got the entire King's Bounty franchise for 6(!) Euros.

I really regret I missed the offer for Oblivion. I never had chance to play it when it was released because I had a very busy period in life, and I ignored it later on because from all the reviews I read it seemed to be a lot more shallow than Morrowind. But looks like with all the mods out there it is a quite nice game now.

I hope steam will have an offer for it again in future.

Last edited:
I bought both Left for Dead games for 5 Euros, that is just insane. I also got the full KIng's Bounty franchise for 6(!) Euros.

I really regret I missed the offer for Oblivion. I never had chance to play it when it was released because I had a very busy period in life, and I ignored it later on because from all the reviews I read it seemed to be a lot more shallow than Morrowind. But looks like with all the mods out there it is a quite nice game now.

I hope steam will have an offer for it again in future.
Have a look at driect2drive, i think they may have Oblivion.

the bad thing about these crazy under ten bucks sales is it really focuses my attention on how out of control my impulsive game buying habits have been in the past. I've bought lots of these titles "half price" at 20-30.00 and thought I was getting a deal. Some I even bought full price. I never really even played them, and here they are practically for pennies, with all their expansions/DLC to boot. And other sites have to compete, so theyre all running killer deals too on some of this stuff as well (namely D2D).

King Arthur's a prime example: over the last few days I could have picked up that whole enchilada (hey, im in So Cali) for like 5 bucks… *facepalm**

Untold money I could have saved. It's a valuable lesson, and it's definitely sinking in now. Play the backlog, buy the games when they hit the lower end of the bargain bin. Oh well, I guess I could be out blowing my money on destructive things like women, drugs and booze or something. Wouldnt that be a shame. Getting better about it tho, for example I havent bought Alice:Madness Returns or Shogun TW2, two games that are totally beckoning to me at the moment and have went on "sale" for like 30.00 recently..

I think we've all been there, xSamhainx. When I bought Risen finally last October for $30, it went on sale the very next day for I think $10 (facepalm).

I was tempted about getting Two Worlds 2, but I'm just not convinced that it's a game that I would really like, and I had just bought FO:NV finally for $12.50. I'll pick it up if it goes on sale for $10, but I don't think I'll pay any more than that for 2W2.

I was going to get 2w2 but I waited since I hear that they are going to be changing lot of things to the main game in the up coming expansion. Bit like what Dragon Knight Saga did for Divinity 2.

the bad thing about these crazy under ten bucks sales is it really focuses my attention on how out of control my impulsive game buying habits have been in the past. I've bought lots of these titles "half price" at 20-30.00 and thought I was getting a deal. Some I even bought full price. I never really even played them, and here they are practically for pennies, with all their expansions/DLC to boot. And other sites have to compete, so theyre all running killer deals too on some of this stuff as well (namely D2D).

King Arthur's a prime example: over the last few days I could have picked up that whole enchilada (hey, im in So Cali) for like 5 bucks… *facepalm**

Untold money I could have saved. It's a valuable lesson, and it's definitely sinking in now. Play the backlog, buy the games when they hit the lower end of the bargain bin. Oh well, I guess I could be out blowing my money on destructive things like women, drugs and booze or something. Wouldnt that be a shame. Getting better about it tho, for example I havent bought Alice:Madness Returns or Shogun TW2, two games that are totally beckoning to me at the moment and have went on "sale" for like 30.00 recently..

On the other hand, the closer to buying early and full price, the more you are supporting developers of games you like. If we all only buy all our games from the bargain bin, It's not gonna be so good for maintaining a healthy gaming industry. So i make a point of buying at least a portion of my games "fresh", and just getting all the rest from the sales, although I could easily go with just buying from sales.

On the other hand, the closer to buying early and full price, the more you are supporting developers of games you like. If we all only buy all our games from the bargain bin, It's not gonna be so good for maintaining a healthy gaming industry. So i make a point of buying at least a portion of my games "fresh", and just getting all the rest from the sales, although I could easily go with just buying from sales.

That's what I do:

Games I really want = I buy full price or close to full price.
Games I can live without or that have bad DRM or DLC packs = I buy on sales (or not at all).
Games of a new genre that I want to try = I buy on sales.

Although, digital download sales are rather crazy. %85 off?

FO3 £6.79
ME2 - £6.80
DKS - £14.99

Its good thing I did not buy any of them before :)

I too make a habit of buying only 1 or 2 games full price from a Dev and in a genre I REALLY want to support and have good feelings about and the game must excite me.

Last year that was Dragon Age. It was worth it at the time...

This year it may be DX:HR or Skyrim or FO:NV GotY.

Back
Top Bottom