Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - New Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VGU has posted a new preview of Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms. The site is not impressed with the early access version due to bugs, and technical problems.

You have those rare moments in gaming where you instantly know how the rest of the game will go. Whether it’s the joy you feel on jumping out of the warp pipe into Peach’s Castle Grounds, or the suspense of infiltrating Shadow Moses Island, you know that the game you are about to play will be good. But when the game crashes if you try to run it in full screen mode and then does not let you change your resolution, you know you are in for something awful. These were my opening moments to Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, as I tried to get the damn thing to work on my laptop.

There is no reason to buy Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms at the moment. It lags like hell, it refuses to work on a dual screen set up when I tried, the action is derivative, and it is just not that good. If you want an ARPG, play Path of Exile, which is free, or Diablo 3, which you can get for cheaper and is light years ahead of this game. Early Access is NOT an excuse for this. If the developers can get their act together, add essential features and lower the price, it maybe worth a look if you are in desperate need of an ARPG. Otherwise, steer clear.
More information.

There have been gameplays on YouTube where you can see that the game can clearly run lag-free. So, why this person decided to write a preview on a game that won't run on his laptop is beyond me.

Something that so many critics do when talking about an Early Access game is complaining about its bugs and faults. That's like visiting a construction site of a building and complaining about the fact that the basement doesn't have a roof! What did the author expect?

It's the author's right to advise not to buy the game at this stage, I just disagree completely with the point he thinks he made.

Back
Top Bottom