Gothic 3 - New Community Patch 1.7 Teaser

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new mini teaser for Gothic 3 Community Patch 1.7 has been released. It showcases a couple of environment sounds.
Expect the final patch for Gothic 3 early next year.
More information.

The linked thread contains further details. This will be a nice patch.

WoG has the first of a three part interview with the CPT. Now they confirm for the first time that changes on the world map will be included.

Sounds like 1.7 will be the biggest CP.

Seems like patch 1.7, aside from the combat change where multiple humanoid enemies will fight you at once (instead of waiting around while you are attacking one target) is mostly a lot of 'look and feel' fixes. Which is a good thing. But it seems the big stuff such as performance improvments are pretty much done as of 1.6.

Seems like patch 1.7, aside from the combat change where multiple humanoid enemies will fight you at once (instead of waiting around while you are attacking one target) ...

That will make melee combat almost impossible unless they completely rework whole areas to remove multiple foes.

That will make melee combat almost impossible unless they completely rework whole areas to remove multiple foes.

Not at all. You'll just have to use more strategy. I personally am looking forward to the change. I never really cared for G3:Fight Club

Not at all. You'll just have to use more strategy. I personally am looking forward to the change. I never really cared for G3:Fight Club

Strategy being move towards them and run away until only one follows you off. Repeat ad nauseum.

If that's the only strategy you can come up with, then strategy is obviously not your thing. Which would explain your preference for fight club.

Strategy indeed.

To the trained gothic player eye it is blatantly obvious...yet it isn't for me to divulge the subliminal strategies G3 holds.

I found there are 3 layers to G3, one is certainly a very deep and grey area.

The surface layer, that which is apparent and in some ways "mundane" or "shallow" to many players. Such is the very purpose of the game, to search for the lower levels is not immediately apparent and will put some gamers off completely - i personally love this kind of thing, only the "gothics" have it. (thank you PB)

The sub layer, that which is only hinted, there are deceptions, twists and turns. The druid stones and the transformation to animals part hold the key but my lips are sealed any further to this subject.

The sub-conclusive layer, that which cannot be seen at all. The game uses a fantasy imagined hierarchy to progress to the "fourth way" as hinted but not explained by the developers.

You have to find your own player-depth within the game structure. There is more in there and it has to be progressively exposed as you get deeper into the game, ignore it and you will see no real beauty as intended by the PB story writers.

Just to make matters worse, the community patches do not grasp this method at all and will override and negate or hinder the hidden functions true purpose. G3 CP's have no corrective purpose too the vanilla storyline...only an easier gaming convenience, with good intentions of course.

My G3 game runs smooth as silk with no "unofficial" patches - why is that?

My G3 game runs smooth as silk with no "unofficial" patches - why is that?
You are either very luck or your rig is:
Intel i7 Extreme
Nvidia GTX280x3
16GB RAM:biggrin:

Oh God, Wulf is "johns" from the RPG newsgroup. I knew it! He's figured it out to the chip level which is why he's so good at it and it runs so well on his system.

So, Chekote, what is this grand strategy you have for fighting big groups? Do share.

Back
Top Bottom