RPGWatch Feature - Ultima 6 Project Hits v1.0!

I'm wondering if Elikal and I are playing the same game. The one criticism of his that I agree with is the uneventful walking around. Non-town, non-dungeon areas are dull, but I can live with it.

As far as food goes, a level one spell will give you all the food you will ever need for the cost of a few reagents. You can get this spell within 10 minutes of leaving the Castle.

Money is kinda tight, but I haven't run out of anything yet. Potions seem to be plentiful in the dungeons so I've been using the over casting spells. If you're not in combat, go ahead and cast a heal or cure spell. If you're in combat though, potions are instantaneous heals/cures vs the time it takes to cast a spell.

Wanna steal? Just let everybody get killed and store their bodies in a chest somewhere. Then go on a theft rampage. I'm not sure if the game is tracking your indiscretions outside of your companions, but you could at least give it a try.
Hate to break the news... it is still the actions of the Avatar, with or without companions, and yes, there are karmic consequences.

I hope people realise that there is an evil path in this game. I won't mention the very evil Alfie who created it, but his evil dungeons should give you some idea how his evil mind works!! Did I mention he was evil!!!! :)

Shades of Evilness?

I hope people realise that there is an evil path in this game. I won't mention the very evil Alfie who created it, but his evil dungeons should give you some idea how his evil mind works!! Did I mention he was evil!!!! :)

Hey, he only created the places out of nodes. I created the items, placed them, shrubbed and wrote it all. :p

What's that say about me? *hears low hum of people chanting in background, "Wicked Woman, Wicked Woman, Wicked. Woman…."*

Last edited:
Hey, I was trying to be nice to you!! :) Everyone knows Alfie is evil, we were keeping details about you quiet and now you've let everyone know the truth!!!! :p

Hey, I was trying to be nice to you!! :) Everyone knows Alfie is evil, we were keeping details about you quiet and now you've let everyone know the truth!!!! :p

*lol* Call me stealth evil. ;)

Congratulations on the release, team!

If I owned a copy of DS I'd absolutely try this out.

Now, get some rest.

Amazon has a few vendors selling it in the $12-15 range plus shipping. I've found it a at Target if you have those near you (the 3 disc jewel case version with the expansion pack). I got it there originally 3 years ago to play U5 and then bought it last year there again for my brother.

Quick question, to WyrdWeb, did you guys adjust the difficulty of the game at all compared to U5? My whole party is level 3-4 (6 of us at this point) and I find battles with even just a couple trolls or bandits to take a really heavy toll on their health. I've taken to arming them with a bows and crossbows and doing a fire, run, fire, run... strategy for most encounters. I'm in Despise right now and there is a gazer that incinerates half my party before I even get him half-way down. Just seems like the battles are much tough than U5.

@blatantninja - we had to do some adjusting since there were issues in combat. At first it should be tough and will require strategy, but once you get to around level 5 or 6, things should be much easier. Now you can adjust the difficulty slider down to easy to keep the spawns per party member down and lessen some of the respawning. Respawning is something we do use, but Laz did not on the whole. If you have 5 or more party members, the spawning mobs will be more. The mobs might need a bit of tweaking, but we did want some challenge and the respawning helps to give you xp to level up. We had to do some things to help bring some balance for combat, making gold, xp gain, etc.

@GothicGothicness - Go with getting either the plain DS1 or DS:LOA - no need to buy both or combo packs unless you really want to play them and/or have a spare. The DS1 will likely need the patch (tho my Ubisoft distribution of DS1 was already patched), and DSLOA comes patched. Most of the team members have picked up copies from $1 to $7 (including the s/h). Look at Amazon or eBay - the best prices are often found there.

Even is Oz I've seen DS for $5 in EB Games.

I guess there is nowhere to buy it as a digital download.... it kind a sucks to pay much more for shipping than the item purchased :p

I will have a look at EB games.

Another thought; I've seen it available in weekend computer markets (often held at universities or similar here), so if you have something like that in your area (usually once a month here) try that.

I am after this game after play lazarus (yea since the begining i check the page of the project), i am from Venezuela and i really like U5, now that U6 is complete i just want to say THANKS!!!, i really thank you of the hard work you people do.

I am one of those that are tired to play video games with fast travel, maps with arrows pointing where to go, dont chalenge you to use your brain, just smash buttons is what people play this days.

I am really happy of this remake because i just play Ultima VII, Ultima VIII and IX (when i was a teenager) and never have the change to play Ultima VI.
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER

Last edited:
You're in for a treat, Turok. This game is very old school. It can be a little frustrating occasionally, but overall it's very fun. One thing that I have trouble with, is the shrines have moved a bit from the Ultima IV days. I played U4 more than the others, so I always look where they're supposed to be in that game. I looked for over an hour for the shrine of sacrifice. To me, it was supposed to be at the north end of the swamps just past a bridge :)

I couldn't get into Lazarus because it didn't have a journal and I really don't have time to write down copious notes anymore. If they ever add a Compendium to Lazarus, I'll have to go back and play it. Though V was the weakest game of the trilogy, in my opinion.

Well, Ozzy wanted to add journal to Laz (not Compendium, only journal for quests). So, if he has time...

I couldn't get into Lazarus because it didn't have a journal and I really don't have time to write down copious notes anymore. If they ever add a Compendium to Lazarus, I'll have to go back and play it. Though V was the weakest game of the trilogy, in my opinion.

I probably missed out on a lot of content in U5 due to the lack of a journal (and my shoddy offline journal keeping), but I thought it was pretty easy to follow the main plot even without one.

Funny though, I always though V was the best of the trilogy! Love IV, but I liked the darkness of V (Particularly the underworld). VI was always a love hate thing with me. The new engine blew me away, but unfortunately due to the open nature of the game, it was possible to basically skip about 2/3 the way through it without even realizing it. I ended up finishing the game in something ridiculous like 16 hours of play. (Compared to taking probably 100 hours and 8 months on V!)

So how does stealing go down? If you do it, your companions leave the party? Or do they just complain? I don't remember this ever being a problem in the original Ultimas I played back in the day (5, 6, and 7), nor in the U5 remake. Not being able to steal in a RPG (for any reason i.e. psychic guards) is a major dealbreaker for me. I don't mind reasonable consequences, (like if a non companion sees you). Eschalon seems to handle this fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom