Pricewatch!

I always mix it with "Armed & Dangerous".

Woolworth Germany has several games lowered ... I recently bought Stronghold 2 for 3 Euros there, usual price for the "Green Pepper" line edition was 7 ...

There are some more games from this budget line lowered down ...

GoG has Gorky 17 at $4.79. It says it's a turn-based tactical RPG, but I couldn't find any info here. Is it any good?

If you can get all three for just $5 it's worth checking out, as long as you remember that they were budget games to begin with. The story is about a man seeking what happened with is father I think, and he do so in some kind of mine in snowy regions of greenland.

Essentially the games are horror adventuregames played in first person, using a decent 3d engine. Many of the puzzles uses physics. The first game have an annoying combat system that brings it down a bit. The 2nd game is better (much thanks to getting rid of the combat while also presenting scarier enemies). The 3rd game is just a series of challenges/puzzles with the "real ending".

GoG has Gorky 17 at $4.79. It says it's a turn-based tactical RPG, but I couldn't find any info here. Is it any good?

It was one of my first games! That game is (or at least I remember it like that) great! I mean that especially the story and atmosphere were awsome (but don't remember it now :p). I wouldn't call it RPG but... well, more like tactical turn based strategy with dialogues (and you don't have much interaction within them). Characters were also interesting. It's about three NATO soldiers (I'm not sure but if I remember there was Canadian, Polish and French?) sent to destroyed russian secret city. They find here mutants and some survivors that might join team (some of mutants still are intelligent and can join or just talk with you). I don't remember what was story about but I remember it was very interesting :p Anyway if you like turn based combat where you need to think (one of your party members dies = game over [or was it just one of these three soldiers and others could die? I forgot]). Anyway now when you remind me this game I might buy this again (I lost CD 7-8 years ago if not more) and replay it.

I don't know if today I'd say this game is great as I thought 9-10 years ago when I was playing it but for these $5 dollars it's surely worth of buying.

It was one of my first games! That game is (or at least I remember it like that) great! I mean that especially the story and atmosphere were awsome (but don't remember it now :p).

Agree 100% Except it was called odium in the states. I loved this game. I don't really remember much about it either other than it was turnbased and full of monsters and based in Russia I think. I still have the CD here. It is definatly worth the price and it's one of the few games that I've actually completed.

At GamersGate, pre-order Red Faction Guerilla for $40 and get both Red Faction 1 & 2 for free.

Gorky 17 was announced in a German gaming mag as having a combat style "reminiscent to the NLT". Turn-based, that is.

That's the only thing I have about it in my mind. ;)

Unless it's proven to be a lot better than the first 2 games, I wouldn't pay that much. I thought Red Faction 1&2 were fairly mediocre as far as first-person shooters go.

I would call #1 'average with a nifty idea', and #2 'crappy'. :D

As for the new one, it has gotten pretty decent reviews, and this is cheaper than Prototype ... and supposedly much better.

Oh - and just found out that RF1 is 'netbook friendly'!

Back
Top Bottom