best successor to "master of magic"?

rikus

Sentinel
so I've finally got my hands on warlock(1)-fantastic adaptation! there is basically no in-combat maps, but in a way there is-because its all on the map.
also the variation of spells and their function is very similar.

it boggles me that even with budget like warlock, it still didn't have the amount of spells and variation in gameplay as master of magic.
I'm not sure about numbers, but i'm pretty sure there were at least 40% more. each school of magic had tons of researching to do. and you could find books which let you study more school of magic even if they weren't your specialty.

also the character creation was better.

in age of wonders 1,2 the combat was more similar but the other gameplay was more closer to heroes of m&m.

so warlock was my choice.

now of course there is worlds of magic, which i intend to purchase once it'll be on sale. but so far my next "master of magic" purchase will probably be warlock2.

oh, i also got eador, but it is also much closer to heroes. although it is an interesting twist of strategy of this sub genre. but again not a master of magic thing.

there's also fallen enchantress: Legendary Heroes ($10.87 at GreenMan Gaming after coupon code U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ)

Back
Top Bottom