The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

VIP is actually quite useful. You get most quest packs for free. You still need to buy the 2 expansion packs, though. I think they can be bought with Turbine points.

As as VIP you get 500 turbine points per month. 10% more XP per quest. 1 weekly gold roll on the daily dice instead of the regular silver roll. That means better loot from the rolls. You also get free access to the Warforged, half-elf and half-orc races.

Since you probably haven't purchased all the quest packs already then a VIP is definitely the way to go.

You can save up the Turbine points to get the expansion packs or buy stuff from the DDO store. You can get XP points, HP points, Mana pots, stat or skill tomes and a lot more. You will never end up in a situation not knowing what to use your Turbine Points on.

Azraelck is in a different situation from you. He has bought most adventure packs with Turbine points. So there is less benefit for him becoming a VIP. If you have no packs then becoming a VIP should be a no brainer. You will have to spend thousands of Turbine Points to get all adventure packs. You can probably be VIP for several years for the same cost as buying all packs.

Another good thing with VIP is that if you suddently decide DDO is not for you then you can stop playing and not renew the VIP prescription. As VIP you have access to most content. If you're not a VIP then you need to buy access to content. That means spending money on something before you know if you like the game well enough to stay on.

You can, of course, first focus on the free to play adventures. Unfortunately most of the really fun stuff is pay to play (or being a VIP). So you might feel a bit limited without having access to those packs.

3 months VIP should be long enough for you to see enough of the game to decide whether you want to renew or not.

Welcome to the guild. I suggest you save all the points you can. As you get familiar with the game you will know what you really want to spend them on. A lot of offered upgrades can be earned in game over time. Stock pile points and watch for sales in the DDO store.

We also post the free item of the week in the guild message. Find the item in the store and use the code. One of us keeps it up to date most of the time. It changes every Thursday.

I got with a group last night and we were running around doing quests. Thats great except they were obviously all veterans and we were doing stuff so fast I never even knew what the quests were about.

The major problem I had was finding where the quest entrance was at as they were sharing the quest with me. Is there something on the map that marks it or was I just missing something obvious? Can I choose a quest like in LoTRO as primary and have it show up in the map so I can find it?

Hello people!

I have moved two times and gotten a new job since last time but now my schedule is finally looking brighter and I can actually play some.

Just wanted to pop in and see if you guys are still active and it seems like you are so I'll probably jump into the game tonight when I get home from work. =)

Yes, you can see where to go to the quest. You select the quest you want to play in quest. Remember to pick the correct area (like House Kundarak or Marketplace). Then a yellow bar will blink on the map and a yellow arrow will show the direction on the minimap.

Hi Taxen, long time no see. Do you have a toon in the Guild, I can't remember. If you do it will still be there, but our ship has changed a great deal in the past few weeks. Yell for help as there's nearly always someone on.

Toff you're likely to group with zergers unless you tell them you're a newbie. If you run with other guildies, we'll be happy to go slowly and explain what we're doing and why.

Tomorrow's plan:
1) Start with a DA run for tokens and XP on whatever toons ya want (I'll be running Shadohe to top out her ED so she's ready to TR after update 23 drops—she needs about 100k XP so a couple DAs over the next few weeks should do the trick.)
2) finish epic Spinner chain

After that, I wouldn't mind giving our 8's a little exercise since I'm getting a little bored with all this epic junk. I believe everyone has qualified for lvl9 except RhoGu and he's only got 300-some XP to go which he'll probably get off his silver roll tomorrow. Before we take that level, there's some content we should look at running. I'd like to do a Chronoscope raid since we can all run that together. There's a buttload of lvl6 house quests we could run but don't really need to. We should knock out the dreaded but obligatory Deleras run at some point soon. We also could start the Sorrowdusk chain.

If toff decides to run with us (starts at 6pm his time), all bets are off. I think I might be the only one in the group with a lowbie (lvl4 healbot) so it could be problematic.

I have a level 4 2/rogue. 2/druid build hiding somewhere!! :)

I'm level 3 at the moment so just a bit to low I'm sure. I'll catch up some this weekend but I've never been a fast leveler so never wait for me as you may be waiting a long time.

I would love to run the 8's this week. Think that is my lowest other then mules. But Toff should catch up soon. We don't run them every week so should happen sooner then later.

I logged in a few minutes this morning and it seems my rogue is lvl 4, I felt lost immediately so I will probably ask you a few questions in the guildchat over the weekend =)

I have a level 4 cleric, but she's on a separate account & not VIP, so don't know how much content she can do.

It's TaxenO!!! Hopefully you get you butt back into the game.

Toff, you can check your quest log if no yellow arrow shows on the mini map. If the quest is in the market and you are in the harbor no arrow. Just clicking on the quest in you journal will give you the arrow, and make a yellow box for the door start blinking on your big map as well.

New Guild Chests go live with U23, use small room

I've been on Lamannia to check out the new guild chests, which are supposed to go live with U23. They go into one of the small rooms, not the cargo hold, which means we're going to have to replace something.

My vote goes for the box bashing room (loot +1 boost), since it does not apparently affect named loot, just loot gen stuff. Those who want loot boost can place it temporarily and then put the guild chest room back, since I think that will get used more. Alternate would be to make the guild chest room the optional, placed only when using it. We'd have to make sure new members all know how to do that.

I personally would rather have all the "improve survivability/effectiveness" buffs available all the time.

Edit:

FYI, I don't remember what it cost, but the Guild Vault I gives you two general chests, each with 20 slots.

Upgrades are as follows:
Vault II (125 shards) - 2 general & 2 officer chests, each with 40 slots
Valut III (95 shards, I think) - slots go to 60 slots per chest
Vault IV (55 shards, I think) - slots go to 80 per chest
Vault V (15 or 25 shards) - slots go to 100 per chest

We'll have plenty or room with the 1st upgrade (Vault II). Don't get the officers chests without it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom