Gothic 3 Screenshots and water.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
This might be a dumb question, but how do you take sceenshots in Gothic 3?
Do I have to use a 3rd party utility?

Also, The ocean water is very dark in my game, almost black, even in bright daylight. It's also transparent for a few yards out from the beach, but then turns completely solid. Can anyone tell me if it looks the same for them?

I would like to compare some screenshots once I find out how to take them.

the 'print screen' button works well. then you can just 'paste' it into the paint program and save it. worked well for me. i seem to remember all the ocean and silden lake being 'dark' whereas the streams and such you could see through (i thought this was cool as with the texturing done underneath made it actually look like a real stream)

You can also take screen shots by editing the ge3.ini like this:

TestMode=true

Press F1 to take a snapshot. CTRL+F1 removes the HUD. The images are stored in \Gothic III\snapshots\ folder in BMP format.

On recommendations from others I now use the Ultima Online Screenshot Utility ... search it out - it is lightweight and functional

You can also take screen shots by editing the ge3.ini like this:

TestMode=true

Press F1 to take a snapshot. CTRL+F1 removes the HUD. The images are stored in \Gothic III\snapshots\ folder in BMP format.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be right back with a screenie.

Damn! The limit for files on this forum is just too small. With a maximum size of just 97.7 kb for JPG's, I don't know how to make it work.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Last edited:
You need to link to it!! We can't afford to pay the bandwidth for heaps of posted images!! :) Unless you wants heaps of ads of course!!!! :biggrin:

There are some places which allow you to store your pics, so people can view them without downloading. Someone will eventually post a link!! :)

Yep, that's the place!! I knew I could count on someone!! :)

The best water in Gothic 3 is the stuff inland. I found it hard to get a nice screenshot, but best I could do is the following:

5_gothicwater3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom