Witcher 3 - Launch Cinematic Trailer

Apparently, perky human boobies are a taboo but droopy hag ones aren't :D

Amazing! Good job CDP and Platige.
I love CGI, this one is now among my favorites.
Can any other Witcher fan tell me is that was an Alp or a Bruxa?

Fairly certain its Alp since I don't think Bruxa can turn into "ghost" type thing. Also Alp supposed to have "seductive voices".

Awesome trailer !

Sad thing is that it is not that far in advance of what graphics on a dedicated PC version could deliver with modern hardware.

Unreal 4 Kite demo. Yes it's running a on Titan X, but you get the idea.

I can't wait until we start seeing some major games using UE4 engine!

I can't wait until we start seeing some major games using UE4 engine!

That demo looks great indeed :) But we've seen this so many times, it never turns out that good because when you start putting in scripts and A.I's you have to cut down on the graphics to get acceptable FPS.. I could probably find some 5+ year old demo that looks just as spectacular.

Find one?

That demo looks great indeed :) But we've seen this so many times, it never turns out that good because when you start putting in scripts and A.I's you have to cut down on the graphics to get acceptable FPS.. I could probably find some 5+ year old demo that looks just as spectacular.

Yes I understand, and I don't expect tech demos to be games tomorrow. I'm just showing that there is huge untapped potential in the PC platform. It's why I'm disappointed by W3 as shown so far, because it seemed to promise an advance towards accessing that potential.

Find one?

An old demo? I suggest looking at the UE3 demos on youtube for example. They also look quite spectacular, but not really how it ended up when it was used for games. Same goes for practically all tech demos who are basically only made to present graphics.

Well, I'd not say that the main thing is scripts and AI even if they do contribute, but rather that these demos are made in a very specific manner so they can use a lot of short-cuts and performance optimizations which you could not do in a real game scene scenario!

However I also have the UE4 engine and have been playing around quite a bit with it... and it has some amazing features, so my hope is not only from this demo. The only thing that is too bad is that they had to drop the real time lightning solution they first built for it.... next-gen consoles were just too slow for it :(

The only thing that is too bad is that they had to drop the real time lightning solution they first built for it…. next-gen consoles were just too slow for it :(

Like always, the inferior consoles sets the standard for graphics. meh.

Back
Top Bottom