Two Worlds II - Southpeak cancels retail PC release for NA?

I think it's obvious which of your statements seemed to imply it. But there's no need to beat a dead horse, perhaps it was my simply my misunderstanding.

It`s irrelevant anyway. I think it`s obvious what I meant - consoles in itself were not a threat to Pc gaming before, and it is completely unnecessary that they`re now. The only reason it is so: politics of publishers and corporations that rule gaming. Which is where you should direct your anger/fight/etc…

Yeah, gaming is mainstream now and consoles rule the mainstream because of ease of use. That said the PC will be the home of indies for a long time due to the PC's lack of an overlord, which is great news.

Last edited:
@JDR13
No, I did not mean it, but I see my original post might have been confusing.

I just don`t see why PC had to be killed off in terms of AAA gaming, even with consoles being pretty advanced these days. Even when you "lead" a project on a console does it really cost THAT much more to make a decent port? Or better yet, one that adds some graphical bells and whistles utilizing our arm & leg cards? I always wonder why AMD/Nvidia do f&^-all about it.

But I gave up on that some time ago. Not worth the nerves. If some great title like Risen/Fallout comes along - grand, it`s a bonus. I`m happy with indies, European AA games and abandonware/GoG.

With digital downloads PC has become again the main platform of games for me. Infact the last time I played with my consoles was over a year ago.

You can get the games for almost free and buy&install&play them with single click. And the games are often better in all ways (consoleports excluded) because current consoletech is like 5 years old.

I was also one of the few that liked the first Two Worlds so I've been looking forward to getting the sequel. I can't believe the release is so fouled up. I use a PC and I don't want a digital-only copy, particularly when it still costs $50. I want a CD and a printed manual in a box.
Fortunately I seem to have just gotten in under the wire for the GoGamer.com offer. I hope nothing goes wrong with that.
And I hope this isn't a trend. I just visited my local Fry's Electronics and at least saw New Vegas there. But the PC RPG selection looks smaller than it used to be. :-(

But the PC RPG selection looks smaller than it used to be. :-(

Then tell them that you don't like it if you don't like it !

Without knowing, they won't change ...

Got my Royal Edition in the mail today. The outer paper on the box is for the US and has an ESRB logo, but everything inside the box is from the UK and has the PEGI logo. This doesn't bother me, I just thought I would point it out.

So no real US version of any kind I guess?

My wife just handed me my GoGamer order 5 minutes ago. I ordered it Saturday night along with Div 2 DKS and a Delware St John adventure game for the upgrade delivery service. I was a little concerned because GoGamer still shows the order being processed. And I never got the confirmation Email that the games were on their way. However the proof is in the pudding. I'm actually feeling a little giddy.

Ahhhhhh, the fresh new game odor. The fresh Box, Ripping the impossible scotch tape off the ends. Unfolding the new map with that fresh paper smell. The shinny DVD with no fingerprints or smudges. And the brand new manual where the pages still tend to stick somewhat together. Unfortunately it's off to the gym for a spell but when I come back the game will be fully installed and ready to play.

Oh, yeah and Southpeak sucks.

Back
Top Bottom