CD Projekt RED - Concept Art, Witcher 1 Speculation

That "vast RPG" they were circulating though made me hope for a more open ended structure. They could do i.e one (or more) central hub and a few maps (that really could be made bigger and more involving I believe even with the Red Engine) that you could move around and take sidequests in a less strictly linear chapter driven fashion.

That's how E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is structured actually!

The Witcher is based on books.
I guess the new game will also be based on books (or movie). Bladerunner? :)

It's no secret that I would prefer as open a world and gameplay structure as possible, just as long as they combine it with an overall story to give meaning to long-term investment.

I've always dreamed of a Shadowrun action/RPG hybrid with a similar open world structure to the Grand Theft Auto games. No, not a bunch of trial and error missions in a huge city with empty/closed-off buildings - but one where you're free to roam the city on your Ninja motorcycle and with a deep CRPG non-linear mission structure. Exploration should be at the forefront, and all major buildings should be explorable and have something unique ala Skyrim.

Hehe, one can dream :)
Now that would be awesome!

Now, CDPR and cyberpunk?Interesting…

Cue media confusion between cyberpunk and Cyberpunk™.

I just learned that there was a RPG game setting called Cyberpunk.

It does not really have to be open world as long as it "feels" like an open world with large areas allowing for plenty of exploration. I have a feeling this may have a Fallout type of vibe, mostly city and some outside areas. In any case I'm looking forward to more information.

Amazing news. Now I just want it was out already.

From tw2 site one more pic:

naDQE.png

And a quote:
to sum it up:
- Free back up copy of the first Witcher game on GOG.com
- Witcher 2 coming to Japan and Mac this fall
- Cyberpunk

Although I have boxed TW1, I won't mind a digital version. :)

Last edited:
considering i play even low budget, russian import cyberpunk games this is wonderful news and will make make forget all about CDPRs last actions.

also when the hell is omikron 2 going to come out...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom