Original Sin - The Wait Is Over Update

Bairdotr sounds cool, but I'm disappointed that I still can't make my all-mage party of four.

Rendering your existing saves obsolete when often it can be more precious than the copy of your game itself and not warning people of this beforehand is not a very good move.
Nononono! To get the new companions (and a few other improvements) you have to restart the game. The rest of the patch applies to current game saves.

Dude, did you even watch the video? :biggrin:
Seriously, seems like you missed lots. They are working on:
- New coop dialogue system
- New and improved visual effects for skills and spells
- More ambient sounds for the game and cut scenes
- Quality-of-life improvements
- UI enhancements (probably some overlap with the QoL stuff)
- Possibly a new dungeon (DLC?), you know, the one Farhang was working on, though I'm not 100% sure if that was for their new game or D:OS, but I believe D:OS since Sarah and that other dude were not even allowed to say a word about the new project so I don't think they would show actual content from the new game
- Research into big screen mode (play D:OS on TV, presumably via Steam's big screen feature).

Ah..ok, indeed I had not watched the video until now. I checked out the link earlier from my phone and only read what was written.

Any idea what he means by "Quality of life" improvements?

Everything else sounds great, and now I'm definitely glad I waited to play this. I know it's already a very good game, but it'll be even better by the time I finally get around to playing it.

Any idea what he means by "Quality of life" improvements?

I think it mostly just means more convenience across the board so mostly UI improvements and maybe more shortcuts/hotkeys and more options to customize the game to one's own standards. That sort of thing.

When I get back to playing the game I will just continue with my existing party and not worry about the other companions too much. Not enough time and rarely interested in replaying games anyways. Hopefully won't miss out on too many other cool updates with my current saves.

Great! I've held off playing this game because I've been waiting for patches and the new companions. The game should be pretty well patched now, so I'll finally start it this afternoon. :)

Same here, I was waiting for this patch. I wanted to play this game ever since I backed them on Kickstarter.

Started a new game last night after loading the DLC just so I could pick up these two characters, but I still haven't located them in the town. Will have to keep looking...

Started a new game last night after loading the DLC just so I could pick up these two characters, but I still haven't located them in the town. Will have to keep looking…

From the update in Kickstarter: ¨Bairdotr, a curious and loyal ranger, has gotten herself into some trouble at the Legion barracks, while the silent rogue Wolgraff has found himself a nice hustle stealing coins from the wishing well in the Cyseal hinterlands (accessible through the graveyard tunnel)¨

I had burnout from playing the beta area for 200 hours so the new companions are a good reason to dive back into Original Sin; after I get done with my lovefest that is Lords of Xulima.

I didn't restarted the game last night, though I did update it and load it up and took a look.

It has been over a month since I finished it, it does like they upgraded how it looks as well. Or is that just me seeing things? I only spent a few minutes running around near the end.

Good thing I still need to finish Risen 3.

Back
Top Bottom