GOG - King's Bounty Series Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Excellent games, that's a good deal. :)

Daniel.

Well that was fast (darkside going drm free). guess this means they won;'t be patching the timeback bug (crashes). dark side is the most rpg'ish of the bunch but i still like the first one (legend) best.

hmm... Dark side premium edition for $4.99, very tempting. Is it less buggy than Warriors of the North?

Buggy?

The story is like this. I adore first threee KB games, but I hate Dark Side. It's just... Not fun. Doesn't feel buggy, it feels unbalanced.
And I didn't finish it, got bored. It's still installed but I just don't have enough willpower to return to it.
While for first three I say buy now, can't recommend Dark Side.

Always seen talk of these games but could never pull the trigger. How close are these games to Heroes of Might and Magic series? Same genre basically?

i'm an addict, I'm a game hoarder. there should be a show on game hoarders, I would be up there at the top of my friends would have to pull an intervention on me or something.

it's taking every ounce of my willpower to not buy this collection.

The Kings Bounty games are alright, but turn-based strategy puts me completely to sleep every time. i'm short on funds right now. One of my New Year's resolutions was to start saving money, stop buying games that I never play (or buying them at any other price than bargain bin)

still, must resist. Can I do it?

look at all those games I get!
look, I'm saving $60!
look at her eyes drawing me in, how can I resist that alluring vampiric snow white gaze?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 33
I think Armoured Princess was my favorite, though I liked KB:The Legend too. Warriors of the North just felt like it was lacking something. There seemed to be a lot less variety in environment and in troops. Maybe it was just that it was essentialy the same game for the third time.

I have Dark Side installed but only spent 30 minutes or so with it, so haven't been able to evaluate it long enough to have an opinion.

I love the Kings Bounty series.

The Legend is good but Armored Princes is my favorite. Warriors of the North is ok but not as polished or interesting as Armored Princess.

I beat those three several times each but Dark Side is lacking something. The beginning wasn't fun for me ( lack of spells ) and now it feels like it's been going on way too long. I grew bored of it too and haven't gotten back to it. Considering the number of times I've played the other three tells me despite being virtually more of the same it's missing that certain something that makes this series great.

I love the Kings Bounty series.

The Legend is good but Armored Princes is my favorite. Warriors of the North is ok but not as polished or interesting as Armored Princess.

I beat those three several times each but Dark Side is lacking something. The beginning wasn't fun for me ( lack of spells ) and now it feels like it's been going on way too long. I grew bored of it too and haven't gotten back to it. Considering the number of times I've played the other three tells me despite being virtually more of the same it's missing that certain something that makes this series great.
I also loved the first 2 KBs. The third one, not so much. It was buggy, felt like it didn't change much of the gameplay, and it was too long for my taste. I've been debating on trying this last one, but if it's more like the third and not so much like the 1st and 2nd, I think I'm going to pass, $5 or not. It also doesn't look very different from the previous ones except for you being 'evil', but from the screenshots I see the same units, spells, etc.

Dark Side is ridiculously unbalanced, and all indications are that it will never be fixed. I second joxer's opinion of the game, not fun at all.

Back
Top Bottom