Dragon Age: Inquisition - Content Complete

He does it as a defense mechanism versus the vitriol that can be online forums, and because it is his personality to be sarcastic, and because people egg him on because they also like to see people mocked.

Which people? ALL fans? So you say that some people egg him in order to make him mock all fans? And you call this "defense mechanism"? It seems like creative euphemism. :)

You guys are absurd. Gaider just stated the truth. No one can understand exactly how games are made and why some content always gets cut unless they are part of the process. Its the same as a movie director stating that movie fans can't understand why certain scenes are edited out unless they are part of the process themselves.

Theres nothing offensive in this state. I really wonder why Gaider or anyone at bioware even bothers to try talking to fans. The bioware forums are the perfect example of why most game developers are silent. When every single statement you make gets twisted into some negative comment then why bother talking to fans at all?

According to you, bananas make great cars - which doesn't seem to define a convincing argument.

So in the end, you really don't have anything concrete to prove your vague and silly point. It's no coincidence that you have used "..but..but..that human nature"! strawman in multitude of your arguments in the past where you had nothing of value to add or logical to say.

Let's calm down a bit and try taking a deep breath. Then we can dismiss the silly stuff like calling it hate when people don't agree with you about Bioware.

That I am NOT calm is your faulty interpretation. Hence, none of your "advise" that follows it has any standing. Seems like you are projecting your own psychological disturbance onto others. Again, that won't be new, given your usual style of arguments.

If you can point out where I'm blaming Gaider for anything, that'd be interesting. I'm just saying he sucks at PR.

And you can't' understand the simple fact that he is NOT attempting that! Unless he was representing Bioware and/or writing a press release.

A suggestion to David G, if you are reading this, do make a point to write fan pandering, diplomatic, saccharine sweet posts on your blog, lest you hurt overtly sensitive puppies. Nope, its not like they hate constant PR-speak or anything!

That can be a good or a bad thing, I suppose. I don't really care, though.

You don't care?! LOL. Then your point of argument is WHAT exactly?

But it's true, most people do choose to remain ignorant. You certainly don't seem to set yourself apart in that way.

Well, someone who mistakes a personal blog for PR and pitifully attempts to justify his own absurd reaction as "human nature", to give it some sort of validation does not have enough credentials to judge anyone.

This is where the calming down bit might help you understand something about human beings. Unless, of course, you prefer to remain ignorant.

Heh. If anyone is overly emotional here, and has been since many years, its YOU. You routinely project your own emotional shortcomings onto others and when they don't agree with your point of view, you insult them in some or other way. You are just a mean and cruel person, in general…and seemingly lonely. See, its not only you who can pass judgement onto others! Everyone can play that game very easily here..

Maybe if Gaider opened his eyes - he might start making a difference where his writing could flourish, instead of that money prison he's at right now.

I'm being kind here, because I don't think that much of his writing - but then again, I don't know if he ever got to write what he really wanted to write in the industry.

Seems to me his ego needs him to be a mouthpiece in the media more than it needs him to be a part of making great games.

Lots of prejudices / assumptions and blames..and it seems so personal. I hope you realise that David Gaidar is not the only one who is responsible for the ultimate shape of any Bioware game.

So in the end, you really don't have anything concrete to prove your vague and silly point. It's no coincidence that you have used "..but..but..that human nature"! strawman in multitude of your arguments in the past where you had nothing of value to add or logical to say.

If, by logical, you mean things you agree with - then probably not. Well, not about this subject, clearly.

That I am NOT calm is your faulty interpretation. Hence, none of your "advise" that follows it has any standing. Seems like you are projecting your own psychological disturbance onto others. Again, that won't be new, given your usual style of arguments.

Let me guess, you have something personal against me? That gives you a particularly open mind, doesn't it :)

And you can't' understand the simple fact that he is NOT attempting that! Unless he was representing Bioware and/or writing a press release.

Please point out where I said he was "attempting" to be good at PR.

A suggestion to David G, if you are reading this, do make a point to write fan pandering, diplomatic, saccharine sweet posts on your blog, lest you hurt overtly sensitive puppies. Nope, its not like they hate PR-speak or anything!

Are you aware that I haven't said anything negative about him sucking at PR? Again, it can be a good thing or a bad thing. I don't really know, nor do I really care.

You don't care?! LOL. Then your point of argument is WHAT exactly?

To explain my point of view. Do I have to care about him being good at something to point out that he's not?

I started out stating my opinion in a public forum and since you don't seem to understand it and you got all worked up, I'm trying to explain it.

That doesn't mean I actually care about whether or not he's good at PR. Like, if someone posted a newsbit about some celebrity stating something stupid or whatever - I'd probably give my opinion if I was in the mood for it. That doesn't mean I really care, you know?

If you insist that I have to care to have an opinion and state it, could you tell me why that is, because that escapes me.

Also, I said I don't *really* care. Which means I might have a very slight intellectual interest, but that's about it, I'm afraid.

Well, someone who mistakes a personal blog for PR and pitifully attempts to justify his own absurd reaction as "human nature", to give it some sort of validation does not have enough credentials to judge anyone.

Do you understand what PR means?

Well, obviously you don't - so let me help you out: It's about your relationship with the public. You can have a relationship with the public both as an individual AND as an organization. If you happen to be a high-profile writer for a high-profile organization - chances are people will confuse you with your organization. That's kinda my point here.

I don't know why you think I can't have an opinion without "credentials" - but I guess that's just one more example of you being irrational

Heh. If anyone is overly emotional here, and has been since many years, its YOU. You routinely project your own emotional shortcomings onto others and when they don't agree with your point of view, you insult them in some or other way. You are just a mean and cruel person, in general…and seemingly lonely. See, its not only you who can pass judgement onto others! Everyone can play that game very easily here..

Oh, I'm mean, cruel AND lonely - and at the same time, I'm the one being emotional.

Do you see how that sort of supports my point?

I can see you want to hurt me - and it's not that I can't be hurt. It's just that it takes some insight into my character before you can accomplish that, if you really want to.

I'm not mean or cruel, you just don't understand me. As for lonely…. Well, I must admit that I've been sort of lonely for the last six months or so. That's my own fault, though - so I can't really complain.

It's not that bad, as things are looking up.

But it isn't always easy - so I guess that makes you feel good? That's ok.

You're angry with me for some reason, and maybe because you're taking my opinion about Gaider to heart. Maybe it's because you've never understood me and you feel like I deserve to be hurt.

Let me know if you still think so, because maybe I can give you something useful to help you. Something personal you can use?

Lots of prejudices / assumptions and blames..and it seems so personal. I hope you realise that David Gaidar is not the only one who is responsible for the ultimate shape of any Bioware game.

He's the one constantly making public statements, though.

"I can understand his frustration with fans - but as a professional, you have to stay away from that or face the consequences. Lumping them all together is grade A stupid from a PR standpoint."

Err, is that not commenting on his PR sucking?

"I can understand his frustration with fans - but as a professional, you have to stay away from that or face the consequences. Lumping them all together is grade A stupid from a PR standpoint."

Err, is that not commenting on his PR sucking?

Ehm, no. It's a statement about his PR sucking, nothing more.

Once again, for the third time, sucking at PR can be a good thing or a bad thing. It can mean you're just honest and that's admirable.

It can also mean you're not really thinking too far ahead, and I don't know whether that's good or bad.

If you're willing to face the music, then it might very well be a good thing.

But it's very bad PR to say *ALL* your fans are essentially too stupid to understand why content has to be cut.

Like if President Obama openly proclaimed that China is being led by insane people.

That would be extremely stupid from a PR standpoint, but it might also be admirably honest.

Get it already?

If you want to understand what other people mean with what they're saying - one thing I find helpful is to not create a fantasy about what they MIGHT be saying and use that as the prime assumption.

Stick to what they're actually saying - and ask if you're in doubt.

Which people? ALL fans? So you say that some people egg him in order to make him mock all fans? And you call this "defense mechanism"? It seems like creative euphemism. :)

errr no, Merin's post make sense if you don't squeeze all of his points into one lump:

1st point - defense mechanism - simple, kick them in the balls before they will try to kick you;
2nd and separate point - some fans egg him on to mock the other lot. Obviously, the eggers feel all elitist and excluded from Gaider's mockery.

Oh Goddess… by accident or design Aditya opened the flodgate… I'm heading for the hills…

Like if President Obama openly proclaimed that China is being led by insane people.

That would be extremely stupid from a PR standpoint, but it might also be admirably honest.

But isn't that saying his PR sucks………..I'm so confused. lol

But isn't that saying his PR sucks………..I'm so confused. lol

You sure sound confused.

Yes, his PR sucks in this case.

Whether that's good or bad - I don't know and I don't care. That's what I'm saying.

It's like saying a car is green. Is that good? I have no idea - but it's definitely green.

A girl can suck. Is that good or bad? That kinda depends on the context, no?

It's not a negative statement.

Today I learned that sucking does not equal bad. lol

Troll logic is amazing.

I must resist... I must not get involved...

DArtagnan said:
If you want to understand what other people mean with what they're saying - one thing I find helpful is to not create a fantasy about what they MIGHT be saying and use that as the prime assumption.
Stick to what they're actually saying - and ask if you're in doubt.

It would be good if you follow your own advise and not create your own fantasy about what David said.

DArtagnan said:
But it's very bad PR to say *ALL* your fans are essentially too stupid to understand why content has to be cut.

And he didn't say that. One poster above has already mentioned, stating grammatical rules, how David's statement can be correctly interpreted. Another poster has conformed how his fans have actually considered the right meaning. (your theory of "human nature" flops again there, heh)

DArtagnan said:
Ehm, no. It's a statement about his PR sucking, nothing more.

Why do you lie? You said more as below:

DArtagnan said:
He's just lashing out as the overly emotional individual he is. He knows he's not working for the old Bioware anymore - and he's still in denial about that.

Who's on denial here? and projecting his denial (and being overly emotional) onto others??

DArtagnan said:
Once again, for the third time, sucking at PR can be a good thing or a bad thing. It can mean you're just honest and that's admirable.

But you never said its admirable. Not even close to it. You are lambasting him for staying something which you interpret as "sucking". So no matter if you repeat if third or n-nt time, will not make your non-logic suddenly valid.

DArtagnan said:
If, by logical, you mean things you agree with - then probably not. Well, not about this subject, clearly.

So according to you something is logical only when others agree with you? And that's why you must think it's same for everyone?

Going step by step:

DArtagnan: Not that I think he should worry, but people don't care whether his blog is personal or not.
Aditya: Just who are these people? and on what basis you claim this?
DArtagnan: Its human nature!!

This "human nature" theory proved wrong when many people did NOT take the meaning you claimed they will take. After I pointed that out, you basically chose to cop-out of the argument and instead just been playing with words.

DArtagnan said:
Let me guess, you have something personal against me?

You are of course free to GUESS anything. In fact isn't that what you keep on doing, most of the times?

DArtagnan said:
That doesn't mean I actually care about whether or not he's good at PR. Like, if someone posted a newsbit about some celebrity stating something stupid or whatever - I'd probably give my opinion if I was in the mood for it. That doesn't mean I really care, you know?

Ugh. Another one of your lame strawman attempt when you run out of arguments. If you don't care, why the hell are you arguing so much about?

DArtagnan said:
Well, obviously you don't - so let me help you out: It's about your relationship with the public. You can have a relationship with the public both as an individual AND as an organization. If you happen to be a high-profile writer for a high-profile organization - chances are people will confuse you with your organization. That's kinda my point here.

Yes, but on top of that you are ASSUMING that people are taking only the negative meaning of his sentence. That's the whole point of your debate, actually. If anything, honesty is what attracts people most than typical marketing speech and hype. So in that aspect, David G is in fact doing good image-building for Bioware, even if he's writing only on his personal blog.

DArtagnan said:
I can see you want to hurt me - and it's not that I can't be hurt. It's just that it takes some insight into my character before you can accomplish that, if you really want to.

I'm not mean or cruel, you just don't understand me.

I understand you as much as you understand me when you claim I am ignorant, irrational and overly emotional. So consider the favor returned.

DArtagnan said:
But it isn't always easy - so I guess that makes you feel good? That's ok.

I feel good and get entertianed seeing you flip-flop so much! This routine habit of yours still amuses me. :)

DArtagnan said:
Let me know if you still think so, because maybe I can give you something useful to help you. Something personal you can use?

A dirty unhygienic person advising others ways of cleaning themselves? Only a person in acute self-denial can come up with this. And going by the response of other posters to your stupidity, I am not alone to conclude that.

It would be good if you follow your own advise and not create your own fantasy about what David said.

You have that in reverse. You're asking me to ignore the meaning of the words being quoted and create a fantasy about what he might have said instead.

And he didn't say that. One poster above has already mentioned, stating grammatical rules, how David's statement can be correctly interpreted. Another poster has conformed how his fans have actually considered the right meaning. (your theory of "human nature" flops again there, heh)

Oh, I see. You're actually the one who gets to "correctly" interpret what's being said - and I should just accept that instead of reading the actual words.

Ehm, nah - I'll go by the words until I hear something convincing that goes against them.

Why do you lie? You said more as below:

I very, very rarely lie. As for my interpretation of his personality and his motivation for lashing out - that's not something you should be confusing with my statement about his PR skills.

I know you have this fantasy about me hating Gaider - but I'm afraid it's not true. I'm saying he's only human and he's very emotional. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that.

Who's on denial here? and projecting his denial (and being overly emotional) onto others??

It's "in denial" - and I think a lot of Bioware developers are in denial. In fact, I think the vast majority of the human race is in denial. It's part of our nature.

But you never said its admirable. Not even close to it. You are lambasting him for staying something which you interpret as "sucking". So no matter if you repeat if third or n-nt time, will not make your non-logic suddenly valid.

I never said I said it was admirable.

Since I'm a very honest person and I've never invested anything in being popular in public - I don't find myself admiring people for being honest in public.

To me, being honest is the easiest and the smartest choice. Mostly because I tend to think about the long term more than the short term. I don't pat myself on the back for that, I just don't see any other way of being that makes sense.

In turn, I don't pat other people on the back for being honest either. I also don't pat people on the back for eating when they're hungry or smiling when they're happy.

Also, I'm not lambasting him for sucking at PR. I'm saying he's sucking at PR.

Your fantasy about it being a negative is not going to make it actually real.

But I'm pretty sure some of his fans WILL see it as a negative, in this case.

Another thread dragged into oblivion…

You have a point :)

I'll give it a rest and let the thread get back on topic.

It's been a while since I bothered getting into this kind of drivel, so I forgot the wasteful nature of it.

You have that in reverse. You're asking me to ignore the meaning of the words being quoted and create a fantasy about what he might have said instead.

No. You ASSUMED that he is lashing out at ALL of his fans and when I asked you the explanation of it, you said it's "human nature".

Oh, I see. You're actually the one who gets to "correctly" interpret what's being said - and I should just accept that instead of reading the actual words.

Ehm, nah - I'll go by the words until I hear something convincing that goes against them.

Nopes, I am saying that what you are saying and interpreting is not the even the half truth of it.

As far the rest of your self-certifications about this n that…I guess people are free to live under self-created delusions. Your character is mainly defined by how actually come across to people, including online.

It's "in denial" - and I think a lot of Bioware developers are in denial. In fact, I think the vast majority of the human race is in denial. It's part of our nature.

LOL. "I'm not OK, you're not OK".

Your fantasy about it being a negative is not going to make it actually real.

But you thinking that he is doing a "sucky" job at it and that he is targeting *all* fans is rooted in which reality? and oh, whatever happened to your "human nature" theory??

But I'm pretty sure some of his fans WILL see it as a negative, in this case.

Yes, some will see, and those who actually care, will visit his blog, read the whole thing and try to understand the correct meaning. Of course it won't stop trolls like you to insert meaning into oxymoronic statements as a cop-out. Pretty pathetic.

Sounds like an instance where he should have just said nothing.

As a business owner I run in to many customers that just don't understand. It's my job to explain it to them, not to insult them.

Anyway I don't care about him or what he says, if they make a good game I'll buy it. If not then there's plenty of other good games out there.

As Merin said on Page 1, and I fully agree:

Merin said:
He does it as a defense mechanism versus the vitriol that can be online forums, and because it is his personality to be sarcastic, and because people egg him on because they also like to see people mocked.

Back
Top Bottom