Desktop Dungeons - Releaesd on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks to Aubrielle we have news that Desktop Dungeons is now on GOG for $9.99.

Desktop Dungeons is a quick-play, roguelike-like puzzle game that gives you 10-20 minutes of dungeon-crawling action per serving. Casual players can enjoy endless coffee-break gaming sessions in infinitely random dungeons, while hardcore enthusiasts can unearth the game's subtleties and tackle challenges of unrealistic viciousness. Down all paths lies frequent death, easy accessibility and the urge to play just one more dungeon.
More information.

I highly recommend it as a high quality well designed game that went through a tremendous amount of playtesting and quality control before it was released (it was in beta for a year or two longer then it needed to be). But it's also definitely a niche game that's not for everyone. It's not quite a roguelike, but it's not quite NOT a roguelike either. It's kind of hard to define. But I found it to be incredibly fun and addicting even well before release.

I'd call it a puzzle/rogue hybrid. Unfortunately for me, i actually liked the mid-beta version more than the substantially upgraded final version.

Definitely. The game is really about doing increasingly difficult mini dungeon runs, where you slowly unlock new characters, equipment, enemies and mechanics. The dungeons have a single level and don't take all that long to finish (or fail) and you get a new character for each one.

I'm watching a let's play. It seems like an easy game to play for half an hour at a time.

No real story, simple gameplay. Not much to forget inbetween playthroughs …

Back
Top Bottom