Sword Coast Legends - New Gameplay Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In-case you missed the Twitch game-play stream from earlier today don't worry as developer N-Space released a recording on YouTube for everyone to watch.

Originally streamed on Twitch on 3/19 - Join Sword Coast Legends' Design Director Tim Schwalk and President/Director Dan Tudge with a first look video of the SCL Player Campaign! This is the public's first chance to see the Sword Coast Legends player campaign in action.
More information.

Looks promising. I hope that's not a beginner party that found a +2 longword in the sewer area under Luskan. Hard to tell much from a most likely scripted gameplay video but the game looks good so I have hope for this one. I am curious how much of the areas you can explore; can you talk to all the patrons in the tavern and do any of them have any interesting dialog?

Still don't love real time with pause combat, but can deal with it if the lore and story of the world is good. Also cant tell how open the world is from this preview so hopefully that is the case.

Looks great! Love the interface. I'm seeing evidence of party AI. I sure hope it lets us setup tactics like DA:O.

Looks promising. I hope that's not a beginner party that found a +2 longword in the sewer area under Luskan. Hard to tell much from a most likely scripted gameplay video but the game looks good so I have hope for this one. I am curious how much of the areas you can explore; can you talk to all the patrons in the tavern and do any of them have any interesting dialog?

Still don't love real time with pause combat, but can deal with it if the lore and story of the world is good. Also cant tell how open the world is from this preview so hopefully that is the case.

It was a lvl 6 party. Way too low for that weapon by 5e D&D.

Terrible voice acting, but otherwise looking quite good.

Didn't think it was THAT bad; i have heard worse. Not much of a fan of voice in games and I hope there is a way to turn it off and just read subtitles.

Didn't think it was THAT bad; i have heard worse. Not much of a fan of voice in games and I hope there is a way to turn it off and just read subtitles.

Listen closely to that knight near the end of the video... Ugh!

Ok, maybe it's not THAT bad - but I think voice acting in general has improved a lot in recent years, even for small budgets. This takes me right back to the early 2000s - and not in a good way.

Looks great! Love the interface. I'm seeing evidence of party AI. I sure hope it lets us setup tactics like DA:O.

Yes neverwinter mmo left me very disappointed as the only current iteration of the forgotten realms in a video game. Still don't get why they would make an action mmo targeting an RPG audience's setting. This game looks like the one we have been hoping for a long time. Let's hope it doesn't dissapoint!

It looks promising indeed! Graphics are good enough to set the mood and that is all I need. I'm fine with RTwP, although the fights seemed to be over a bit too fast. Game to easy or party overpowered for demo's sake?

Voice acting is mixed (to be generous). I loved the comments of the party members regarding their surroundings.

Listen closely to that knight near the end of the video… Ugh!

Ok, maybe it's not THAT bad - but I think voice acting in general has improved a lot in recent years, even for small budgets. This takes me right back to the early 2000s - and not in a good way.
While VO didn't blow me away, it is least of the problems of this game.

So noone else is missing a combat log? I'm surprised.

So noone else is missing a combat log? I'm surprised.

Game looks pretty casual, so I wouldn't expect something like that. But perhaps it's an option for advanced players.

But the way events were handled, including the secret door - made the game seem like a more simplistic approach to designing levels and encounters. More like the Neverwinter MMO Foundry than NWN.

I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we'll see.

It seemed pretty decent--the graphics look good and the banter seemed decent and spontaneous. Most of the combat was on autopilot; I suppose it was probably on the lowest difficulty level? Thought I saw Mordenkainen's Sword in there.

Nice graphics, not so great GUI. Wrote to them. Stopped the video at when they say "Pause and play".. not really interested.

I was thinking of preordering and maybe making a campaign once the editor is out but with these MMO combat mechanics I lost all interest. No resting, cooldowns, inflated numbers, super fast combat, auto heal after combat, zero need to control party members (even for easy difficulty that is bad), low number of abilities/spells.
I bet they are even not going to have complex character creation rules that 5e D&D has.

All their BG this, NWN that was pure PR talk. I don't understand why WotC gave their OK for this and then talked about how they are not going to make any more mistakes after what happened with Atari holding D&D licence.

Kinda looks and feels like a NWN game with a monty haul campaign. The loot was very high level for that party but I can live with that. Since this is a development build, hopefully they can tone the loot down quite a bit before release. Didn't have my speakers on; I'm at work, but the text was fine.

Kinda looks and feels like a NWN game with a monty haul campaign. The loot was very high level for that party but I can live with that. Since this is a development build, hopefully they can tone the loot down quite a bit before release. Didn't have my speakers on; I'm at work, but the text was fine.

In my opinion, overabundance of loot was the killer of Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.

Back
Top Bottom