Dragon Age 2 - First Web Review, Console Auto-Attack Info

PC gamer, if anyone likes or trusts their reviews, said its a good game.
Good enough for me but I will wait anyways for the Game of the year version with visual pack already included. Or maybe one of those Steam Christmas sales.

Tac2 was the better version
Normal_tac2.jpg
X-20110207103640265.jpg

Btw they actually sell that joystick for pc with inbuilt games. Developed by one charming young woman who visited assembly in Finland year or two back.

I want that Joystick !

guys why are you calling me a troll?

i was being serious. completely serious.

maybe its because you guys are retarded and cannot into humor.

whats the matter, Dhruin? don't you like different opinions? i thought watchers were supposed to be open minded.

Oh, I encourage different opinions. We don't accept calling people "retarded" and similar attacks. You also sent a reported post earlier, which was a waste of time because you know full well the comment is a common phrase, and not a personal insult. Hence, it's clear you are playing games.

Dhruin, I know exactly which post you're talking about, and all I can say is: You have a lot more patience than I do.

Which is probably one of the reasons I don't host a website with forums.

Well I can see this went well....all I can say is I have played it, and it's fun. Looks great on my machine.

I suggest that some of you try it, you may be pleasently surprised.

Well I can see this went well….all I can say is I have played it, and it's fun. Looks great on my machine.

I suggest that some of you try it, you may be pleasently surprised.
It propably is atleast first. I got very excited with both ME2 and DA but finished neither. The story was okay but game mechanics started to feel too unchallenging somwhere middle of the game. The demo of DA2 got me bored in the first 5min of battle. I just repeatetly click the special attack and everytime the enemy dies with the same death animation.

Last edited:
It propably is atleast first. I got very excited with both ME2 and DA but finished neither. The story was okay but game mechanics started to feel too repetative somwhere middle of the game. The demo of DA2 got me bored in the first 5min of battle. I just repeatly click the special attack and everytime the same death animation kills the enemy.

That could be said about almost every game out there, but I haven't played enough to even begin to think that yet. So we will see.

I think its the demo mostly. I had som expectations before it.

Yeah I can see that...I had bad experiences in the past with demo's and actualy rpg's so all I did with this one was start it up to see how it played then turned it off. I hate playing part of a game then having to wait.

Yeah I can see that…I had bad experiences in the past with demo's and actualy rpg's so all I did with this one was start it up to see how it played then turned it off. I hate playing part of a game then having to wait.

I think it was just som bad level design they had in previous games. Too much of cakewalk with cinematics in som parts.

I must say it looks absolutely awful. The worst looking game I've seen in years.

Even the animation looks awful.

At least none can blaim bioware for being graphics whores anymore.

If this sells it might significantly lower the art requirements in the future, which might make companies focus more on gameplay again.. so something good comes out of it.

I think it looks amazing... much better design, very rich textures and smooth as a baby's bottom. The lighting is stunning as well. It's a real looker.

Note this is on DX11 with everything at max.

Now you are the second person to say this... so I would assume it is an entirely different game? compared to the xbox 360 version?

It would mean bioware really made a huge difference between PC and console versions this time? did you watch the video with the escapist review? the graphics and animation there looks really crappy.

It would mean bioware really made a huge difference between PC and console versions this time?

In looks perhaps, but the omission of something as simple as an isometric camera, to me, means that they certainly didn't make a huge difference between PC and console versions. And as far as the looks go, I would imagine (and correct me if this is a false assumption) that you think it looks like crap mostly due to the art design. To me, it looks like "crap" because of the cartoony nature of the art and also because of the atmosphere it creates, but I don't really pay much attention to the technical side of a game's looks. For example, I think that that Divine Divinity looks "great," even though it was obviously never a technical wonder.

From pictures and video I have seen yes, the PC version in DX11 with the texture pack really does look much, much better.

The same thing happens at the end of every console generation, developers actually start using the PC's graphics abilities. A lot of games have looked significantly better lately and look at stuff coming like Battlefield 3. I guess the difference is that this time there is still no new consoles in sight at the moment.

Ok, I'll take a look at high-res PC version and see if that changes my mind.

Back
Top Bottom