Legend of Grimrock 2 - News Roundup

One word of warning about the newly opened up skill system: it's not that open! The requirement for all classes except Battlemage and Wizard to equip a staff before using magic is really a requirement to spend a whole levelup on the concentration skill -- because even the cheapest staff requires a level of concentration to be used.

Sadly this has made me give up the dream of a back row bomber slinging both throwing weapons and fire magic.

Uhm, what? Where do you have that from - that it's running on Unity? I'm pretty sure it's their own tech, like the first one. Any official source to back that claim? Just interrested….

I saw some posts about the first game using the Unity Engine, but upon further research it seems that it's an in-house engine, yes. So Unity Engine's claim to complete shit is intact, huzzah.

A nice thread over on the Codex (I know - blasphemy) detailing party creation and game mechanics. It seems that Willpower/Vitality don't do anything for energy/hp past the initial character creation. Supposedly, this is by design…

From a dev:
Actually, it's the descriptions that are at fault here. :) The attributes work as intended as far as health/energy points are concerned. We'll fix the descriptions for the next build but there's also a few small balance tweaks for the attributes coming up as well: willpower/vitality will now boost the regeneration rates of energy/health and we shuffled the resistances around a little so that each attribute will contribute towards one resistance.

That dev quote is really surprising -- everyone on the official forums had been assuming that Willpower doing nothing at level-up is just a bug that would be quickly fixed.

And ... the stats contributing to resistance -- is that elemental resistance? Like smart people can stand the cold, and fast people can breathe poison? Odd.

So far, my only complaint is that, like the first game, there aren't really any non-combat skills. For instance, a Rogue basically serves the same purpose as a fighter except in a different manner. I was hoping they would implement skills like lockpicking or detection, etc.

So far, my only complaint is that, like the first game, there aren't really any non-combat skills. For instance, a Rogue basically serves the same purpose as a fighter except in a different manner. I was hoping they would implement skills like lockpicking or detection, etc.

Well there is alchemy.But I do agree game needs utility class.

That final sequence was so dorky. And the big bad is…

Use spoiler tag when you describe the ending of first game. Going by the posts here, not everyone, including me, has finished the first game. And there will be many more who would want to try the first game, now that reviewers speak about how good it was to start with.

I purchased it, I won't be able to play for a while though but I thought they deserved a full price purchase based on their first game. ( well it was 10% off.)

Back
Top Bottom