Legend of Grimrock 2 - News Roundup

I started it up last night with the default party and played for a bit. It feels pretty much exactly the same as LoG 1 which is a good thing imo. Graphically, it looks even better.

My only issue so far is the lack of anti-aliasing which seems to be a common thing lately. Why are so many games still being released with sub-par AA or no AA at all? I would think that shouldn't be an issue in this era of gaming, but it is. :-/

You can override it using Nvidia control panel and force AA. Also, I use SweetFX for the vibrance and sharpening effects - as I like warm powerful colors.

You can override it using Nvidia control panel and force AA. Also, I use SweetFX for the vibrance and sharpening effects - as I like warm powerful colors.

Hmm... that was the first thing I tried and it didn't seem to be working. Are you using FXAA?

Got 2 questions here for you:

1. Does it have some kind of story? To me the first ones story was comparable to the story of Doom1 or Wolfenstein 3D. Besides of the combat system this was the biggest problem I had with the game. Does it get closer to a Lands of Lore / Eye of the Beholder or even a Might and Magic?

2. If you finished it, how many hours did you put into it?

Hmm… that was the first thing I tried and it didn't seem to be working. Are you using FXAA?

Yeah, it doesn't seem to work without FXAA. I'm generally not a fan of FXAA, but I'll take it over massive jaggies.

But, combined with SweetFX, I find the game has a decent look and it's not too blurry.

Nope. Doesn't work.

Did you install the SweetFX first? Because maybe that's where you're getting the AA from.

Also, where did you find a SweetFX preset for LoG 2? I just checked their website and didn't see one.

Nope. Doesn't work.

Did you install the SweetFX first? Because maybe that's where you're getting the AA from.

Also, where did you find a SweetFX preset for LoG 2? I just checked their website and didn't see one.

Hmm, I just tried it out and it seems it's actually the combination of FXAA/AA in the control panel AND SweetFX. Just using SweetFX doesn't give me AA in LoG2 for some reason, or I'd be using it alone. It works alone in LoG, though.

I'm using my own SweetFX settings, with toned down Vibrance from the Windows 8.1 specific version I'm using. It also uses eFX Shader Injector, though I don't really know what that is.

I don't remember where I downloaded it from, but I had trouble getting SweetFX to work on a lot of games - and I eventually found out it's Win8.1 that's causing most of the problems.

I guess googling for SweetFX Win8.1 64 bit should get you near my version, but I'm guessing this method will work with regular SweetFX 1.5 on Win7.

I don't think it's just Win 8.1. I've tried messing with SweetFX in the past and found it to be a pain.

Fwiw, I've found a decent solution with something called InjectSMAA that's mentioned in this Steam thread.

It's not perfect, but it does noticeably lessen the jaggies without introducing any blurriness that I can see. It's also extremely easy to use and can be toggled off/on at will.

Hopefully someone will come up with a SGSSAA bit for Nvidia Inspector as I almost always find that to be the best quality.

Was the first thing I did as well, trying to force AA. Didn't work. The lack thereof doesn't seem as bad once you're no longer staring at those metal bars though.

LOG vs MM:Legacy - all comes down to real time vs turnbased. For me, the combat shuffle is already feeling tedious only an hour into the game.

I don't think it's just Win 8.1. I've tried messing with SweetFX in the past and found it to be a pain.

Fwiw, I've found a decent solution with something called InjectSMAA that's mentioned in this Steam thread.

It's not perfect, but it does noticeably lessen the jaggies without introducing any blurriness that I can see. It's also extremely easy to use and can be toggled off/on at will.

Hopefully someone will come up with a SGSSAA bit for Nvidia Inspector as I almost always find that to be the best quality.

I'll check that out.

SweetFX can be a pain, but I really like what it does to colors and the sharper look. But it's all subjective and I know that a lot of people seem to hate that look.

Yow! Better scores than I expected!

Got 2 questions here for you:

1. Does it have some kind of story? To me the first ones story was comparable to the story of Doom1 or Wolfenstein 3D. Besides of the combat system this was the biggest problem I had with the game. Does it get closer to a Lands of Lore / Eye of the Beholder or even a Might and Magic?

2. If you finished it, how many hours did you put into it?

1.Nope still no story, only few letters you find from time to time.

2.I haven't finished but from reviews I see it's around 20 hours long.

1.Nope still no story, only few letters you find from time to time.

2.I haven't finished but from reviews I see it's around 20 hours long.

Thanks. Well I guess I am going to play it anyways, but in that case its going to the end of my backlog which is starting to build up now and will be enough to keep me busy till mid 2015 probably.

It bears mentioning - actually, it's unfortunate that it has to bear mentioning - that although this game is built on the Unity Engine, it runs quite well.

Going to be restarting to change my party makeup. Overall a good game despite the recycled kiting combat mechanics.

I couldn't resist; bought it yesterday and installed it, as I loved the first game. I took a break from my Divinity:Original Sin session and created a party and fiddled around for an hour or so. (Rogue, Knight, Alchemist, Wizard…)

I solved a couple of puzzles and fetched a few keys, wandered through a teleporter on the first section on the beach, danced around with a few monsters and pelted them with rocks and darts, twas fun! I like the fact that one of the early creatures attempts to jump back from the obvious flank attack movement, something which wasn't common in the original game.

I certainly hope there are some strong quality indoor dungeons to balance out the outdoor sections and generally give the island a greater sense of mystery. Looking forward to playing some more. :)

It bears mentioning - actually, it's unfortunate that it has to bear mentioning - that although this game is built on the Unity Engine, it runs quite well.

Uhm, what? Where do you have that from - that it's running on Unity? I'm pretty sure it's their own tech, like the first one. Any official source to back that claim? Just interrested....

Back
Top Bottom