Pricewatch!

ORB ? this was not patched very much for the German version, if I remember correctly. Most patches went into the English-language version, like with Jagged Alliance 2 ...

And to all of those who bought the Be Mine 5 bundle, they have added a new tier to it. Pay $8 and you will get Earth 2150+expansions & Septerra Core, and they have also added Dreamscape to the $5 tier and Kung Fu Strike to all who have purchased the bundle:
http://groupees.com/bm5

(it is possible to upgrade your purchase, just go into your profile, scroll down to Be Mine 5 & click on "donate more")

@JDR That's a nice spread, but I must refrain from adding more to my backlog. MM 1-3 and HoMM 1-2, some day….

I just purchased all of the HoMM games. I already had them on disc, but I wanted versions of HoMM 1-3 that will run in Win 7.

I had been waiting for a sale like this. Imo the first two titles are normally overpriced at $10 each considering how old they are. Getting HoMM 1-5 plus all the expansions for $24 is pretty sweet.

Amazon USA has a sale this week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PNLAAW/
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link DLC
Hitman: Blood Money
Just Cause 2
Just Cause
Supreme Commander 2
The Last Remnant
Quantum Conundrum

$10

Naturally, they ran out of keys. Hopefully they can get more before this week-long deal ends. There's a $2 off promo code on the page now.

New Indie Royale
This one contains:
To The Moon
Oil rush
Blackwell Deception
AVSEQ
Reprisal

I've played To the Moon, and from a storytelling point of view, it is one of the best games in recent years. The Blackwell game is the 4th one in the series (1-3 were really good, but I've not played the 4th one). As for the others, I don't know much about them.

Risen 2 can be had for $13.60 on Green Man Gaming if you use the coupon.

DLC not included.

A Paradox themed "indie" gala has been release:
http://www.indiegala.com/
This one contains:
Omegalodon
Praetorians
Majesty 2
East India Company
Lead & Gold

and if you beat the average:
Europa Universalis: Rome Gold (Contains the expansion, which makes the game great)
Knights of Honor
Elven Legacy
Hearts of Iron 2: Complete (contains Doomsday & Armageddon)

And 3 secret bonuses that will unlock next week.

Interplay sale at GoG. Lots of RPGs and other classics for little money. Options are similar to the Larian sale.

Interplay sale at GoG. Lots of RPGs and other classics for little money. Options are similar to the Larian sale.

The panel says this at the bottom:
Pay above $69.99 to support Interplay

While I want some of the games there, I don't think I want to support Hervé that much. :/

Alpha Protocol is on Steam for 5 bucks. I had a friend that said it was very similiar to ME 1, is AP worth playing for 5 dollars?

Haven't played it that much, but yes. I think it's kind of love it or hate it. Wasn't it strong on C&C but people complained about gameplay/stealth? Or was that Deus Ex: Human Revolution… I confuse the two.

It's a quality game that's a little rough around the edges here and there, if I remember correctly. 5 bucks would be perfect.

Alpha Protocol is on Steam for 5 bucks. I had a friend that said it was very similiar to ME 1, is AP worth playing for 5 dollars?

-Carn
I enjoyed it a lot. Played it all the way through 2 times in a row. It's a bit strange that the RPG mechanics are mapped to a 3rd person shooter. You can influence more than it seems at first glance, but it's somewhat hidden. Of course the action is weaker than in a pure shooter.
The core strength are choices & consequences. You have to make "24" style decisions under time pressure during the dialogs. This can get quite intense.

Certainly worth a shot at 5$, but still hit or miss. Play at least until the world opens up. The first couple of levels are just the intro.

Certainly worth a shot at 5$, but still hit or miss. Play at least until the world opens up. The first couple of levels are just the intro.

By this Gorath meant, don't get discourage by the intro.

Just came to post about Alpha Protocol as well, but you guys got it spotted. It's defiantly worth $5 US, it was a collaboration between Obsidian and former Troika partner Brian and Anne Mitsoda (Kickstarted Dead State). Probably one of the most complex dialog tree cause and effect games, if not the most.

They didn't get to finish the game, had a troubled development cycle (it's sega, what else do you expect) but if you can look past some of the problems, it's an amazing and brilliant attempt at modern age, adult Spy RPG.

10 hours left.

Risen series at the reduced price of 75% for first and 66% for second and the dlc on gamersgate,first one being DRM free is a nice deal.

I've never played any of the Assassin Creed games, the always online thingie just scared me away. What would they compare to, are they crpg's or more like Tomb Raider? The commercials look neat, but if they're anything like some Nintendo jumping around game, I'd prolly continue to avoid them.

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom