|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Fans Upset Over Male Wizard

Default Diablo 3 - Fans Upset Over Male Wizard

March 8th, 2010, 21:52
Omega writes that Diablo fans are up in arms (again?), this time over the "wimpy" male wizard. Gamegrep and IncGamers both have articles summarising the uproar on Blizzard's forums. From Gamegrep:
Earlier this week, Blizzard revealed the in-game model of Diablo 3's male Wizard, and fans of the series were not happy. The official forums were flooded with complaints about the Wizard's appearance, calling him "wimpy," "effeminate," "gay," "a transvestite," and even compared his animation to a "belly dance."
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 8th, 2010, 21:52
Well I am glad somebody is treating this matter as seriously as it needs to be. Why doesn't Blizzard just do the smart thing and make all design decisions based on public referendums. Hell, if it works so well for California …

dagoo7

Watchdog

March 8th, 2010, 22:17
Blizzard just shouldn't let the public in on any info about a game until oh say at least the frigging calendar year in which it will be released. What is the point?

Yeesh

Hopeless Curmudgeon

March 8th, 2010, 22:32
that wizard could easily kick all their asses. and he should

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

March 8th, 2010, 22:44
Well, I do have to agree that he looks more like an animé char then the other diablo characters so far. Just compaire the male sorc to the male mage from diablo I. He didn't look like a warrior yet stil maintained to stay "regal".

And to people who don't understand why people are up in arms so much about the diablo 3 graphic styles : diablo 1 & 2 were not only known for their (outstanding) hack and slash gameplay, but they also made themselves distinct with their unique visualisation of the world (which I know some people on this board didn't like ).

I'd go so far to say that despite it stays an isometric pov, the graphical differances between diablo 3 and diablo 1 & 2 are of the same magnitude as going from fallout 1 & 2 to fallout 3.
Last edited by Davion; March 8th, 2010 at 22:54.

Davion

Lawful Good

March 8th, 2010, 23:10
Yuck, why did i click that link? Seriously, this dude looks like a ladyboy. I'm glad i'm not a Diablo fan, or i'd be pretty upset too.

tolknaz

Sentinel

March 8th, 2010, 23:17
He's a wizard. He's supposed to be a Nancy-boy. If he could bench press two wenches at once he would. The only people that turn into wizards are book worms. I think a buff wizard would be dumb looking. I wish they'd have an old skinny dude and if you equip a sword he should become encumbered and be animated panting and holding the sword with the point resting on the ground. Now that would be a power class.

edit. He could like drag the sword along behind him, and there would be this looooong uncomfortable scrapping sound. Schchchhccceeeeck.

Bargeral

Who watches the Watcher?

March 8th, 2010, 23:37
Originally Posted by Bargeral View Post
He's a wizard. He's supposed to be a Nancy-boy. If he could bench press two wenches at once he would. The only people that turn into wizards are book worms. I think a buff wizard would be dumb looking. I wish they'd have an old skinny dude and if you equip a sword he should become encumbered and be animated panting and holding the sword with the point resting on the ground. Now that would be a power class.

edit. He could like drag the sword along behind him, and there would be this looooong uncomfortable scrapping sound. Schchchhccceeeeck.
A wizzard is not supposed to look like Chris Crocker you know.

tolknaz

Sentinel

March 8th, 2010, 23:41
The Archivist still cracks me up;
http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/chara…st.xml?rhtml=y

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 9th, 2010, 00:19
I sure am glad there's no other chaos going on in the world right now and that this can upset so many people. Good times.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2010, 05:25
Why does this matter when most will play as the female version of the available classes anyways? ;P

Sythlia

Wanderer

March 9th, 2010, 06:26
No beard, no pointy hat - no wizard!

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

March 9th, 2010, 09:12
Yes he does look androgynous and bit emo , is there any real man character like D2's barbarian ?

Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
The Archivist still cracks me up;
http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/chara…st.xml?rhtml=y
Are those beach slippers ? HAHAHAHAHA

Tragos

Otinanist

March 9th, 2010, 10:16
Originally Posted by Bargeral View Post

Hah! Now we're talking. The only way he can walk upright is if he equips a magic staff that can be used as a walking stick.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 9th, 2010, 12:16
Originally Posted by Sythlia View Post
Why does this matter when most will play as the female version of the available classes anyways? ;P
Why does this matter at all? It's a game. If such a small detail is important, clearly one has to get out more in the world and get to know real problems. Get a life, so to speak

SveNitoR

Sentinel

March 9th, 2010, 12:28
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
Why does this matter at all? It's a game. If such a small detail is important, clearly one has to get out more in the world and get to know real problems. Get a life, so to speak
Uh… all of us here probably shouldn't throw stones…

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

March 9th, 2010, 12:43
He does look androgynous, that's a valid point.

Errr…why is that a problem?

Brother None

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2010, 16:54
No kidding, some of the biggest pop culture phenomenons have banked in big on walking the line between mars and venus, it cant be all bad. Name your toon Boy Georgius, throw a bunch of points into the "dazzle" spell line and call it a day

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

March 9th, 2010, 16:57
Since they invented the money machine, I'm not convinced they'll ever release another game.

If the game actually gets out, I think I can live with a character not entirely to my taste

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 9th, 2010, 17:47
Originally Posted by tolknaz View Post
Yuck, why did i click that link? Seriously, this dude looks like a ladyboy. I'm glad i'm not a Diablo fan, or i'd be pretty upset too.
Yeah, that looked pretty stupid, i dont get how they dont seem to see it themselves.. Blizzard are otherwise amongst my favorite animators. The look i dont care about that much, but the animation, wow, waaaay over the top stupid.

bemushroomed

outlander

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Fans Upset Over Male Wizard