|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post #16

Default Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post #16

March 13th, 2010, 00:02
The latest Antaloor Post is out (.pdf, direct link), although my pdf reader seems to have imploded so I can't tell you the details. We'll come back and fill this in later.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 13th, 2010, 00:02
This issue is a yawner. Giant wasps are so ho hum. Nothing else interesting in this edition… the merchant stuff bores me to tears.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

March 13th, 2010, 02:01
There must not be a whole lot left to say at this point. I wish they'd tell us about how the development process is proceding. That would be interesting.

Anderson

Consolized

March 13th, 2010, 19:12
Anderson speaks wisely ;-)

mazling

Dungeoneer, 2nd Class

March 13th, 2010, 22:21
this preview is much better:
http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=30622

turian

Sentinel

March 13th, 2010, 23:49
Seems like they'll be going for the guild system of Morrowind. I like it. However, will the game ever be done? I feel like they've been "close to a release" for years now.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 14th, 2010, 12:14
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Seems like they'll be going for the guild system of Morrowind. I like it. However, will the game ever be done? I feel like they've been "close to a release" for years now.
release date is May or April

turian

Sentinel

March 14th, 2010, 12:45
Where'd you get that from? I'd say there's no chance of a release that soon - they'd be showing far more if they were almost ready to go Gold.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 14th, 2010, 14:11
Amazon gives a release date at the end of June. I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out later than that, like late summer or even fall.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

March 14th, 2010, 15:34
The last preview I read said the release date was "Q3 2010," which would be July - Sept.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/tw…preview?page=1

Previously, the date was supposedly June 29th. Prior to that, it was "Spring." Prior to that, it was Fall 2009. I share Maylander's concern:

Will the game ever be done? I feel like they've been "close to a release" for years now.
They seem like very ambitious guys, but I wonder if they have bitten off more than they can chew. Seems like they did that with the first game, and (on the 360 anyhow) we got a buggy, stuttering mess. They know they can't deliver that type of product again, and so I imagine them caught between their ambitions for the game and their need to deliver a quality product.

I hope we get it in Q3, but I can also see this taking a while…

Anderson

Consolized

March 14th, 2010, 20:34
Here's a nicely detailed preview:
http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=30622

Anderson

Consolized

March 15th, 2010, 07:28
Guild system , inventory & no drawing weapon inside city sound like Morrowind

Tragos

Otinanist

March 15th, 2010, 08:05
I wish they wouldnt do it multiplayer this time around, would be far wiser to put that time/money into singelplayer imo + it would probably be finished by now..

bemushroomed

outlander

March 16th, 2010, 18:26
If it were me and we didn't make an early summer release, I'd say the hell with it and take the extra time until the Fall release season unless some other big RPG(or other big game) were to be coming out, in which case July/August might work better for them.

I actually kind of liked the first one, but they ended up really making stacking not fun any longer once they did the final patches. It was almost kind of pointless stacking things as it never gave much, of course I didn't spend all of my time abusing the game mechanics by attempting to snarf out ever single item to stack as much as possible and rarely ever got stackable in loot drops except for junk that I didn't want… Anyone want a slightly used Grom shield stacked about a bajillion times, but still more useless than my unstacked shield? (Forget what that shield is though now, but it was WAY better than anything I had stacked…)

The new spellcasting system sounds like it has interesting possibilities, just hope that there are more than 3 active spell slots, as that kind of limited casting…

Also hope that they worked on the archery system as that just never felt "right" to me, and was, surprisingly, one of the few things that I felt Oblivious did right… (Had more fun sniping things with a bow, or long range spells than actually playing the game quests… still start it up once in a while to just do that… some of the 3rd party mods were good too… of course, but I'm talking more the vanilla game at release.)

[EDIT]
Multiplayer: that actually had some possibilities and IF they could've done MP where you could actually play in an open world at least, if not the main plotline then that would be AWESOME. I didn't care for limited MP area sizes in TW1 along with that awful message you can't go that way or whatever it was… especially when it looked like you should've been able to…

Standalone server would be nice too…
[/EDIT]

cutterjohn

Sentinel

March 16th, 2010, 19:24
Originally Posted by bemushroomed View Post
I wish they wouldnt do it multiplayer this time around, would be far wiser to put that time/money into singelplayer imo + it would probably be finished by now..
Agree. I have the feeling they are biting off more than they can chew, and I wish they'd spit out the MP.

Anderson

Consolized

March 17th, 2010, 00:09
I quite like the sound of the RTS Style MP Mode Village Mode I'm interested to see how they pull it off.

And of course the game.

PrinceOfDeath

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post #16