|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount&Blade - Warband Reviews

Default Mount&Blade - Warband Reviews

May 3rd, 2010, 14:45
Here's a pair of new Warband reviews. GamingEvolution awards a 7.5/10:
Despite being a major addition to the expansion, multiplayer feels underwhelming. There's fun to be had fighting other humans with the game's robust combat system, but by falling back on familiar competitive multiplayer tropes, it just feels like only a small fraction of the singleplayer experience. What's sad is that the singleplayer provides such a good model for multiplayer. It would be so much more interesting not simply fighting other human players in single combat, but going up against each other with armies, conquering towns and castles on smaller overworld maps with the chance to really cooperate and coordinate with your teammates. As the multiplayer currently exists, it's an interesting experiment, but I would think the core game would have benefited more from those resources.
…and Gamers Daily News likes it a little better, scoring 8.5/10:
There are so many things to do and ways to play Mount & Blade: Warband that it would take several articles to cover it all. Overall the game is intriguing, time-consuming and enjoyable. I found myself running around the countryside chasing bandits, trying to gain the favor of particular nobles, making a little coin doing some trade runs and generally wandering about. There is a massive learning curve if youíre new to the series but thatís part of the fun. Plus, thereís a very active community that is generally happy to answer all of your questions about the games, not only at the TaleWorlds website but also through various community sites.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 3rd, 2010, 14:45
Bought MB:W this weekend and I'm so hooked I can't concentrate on anything else. The learning curve is pretty steep but it's loads of fun once you get the hang of it. Last night I spent 2 hours in a looooong battle defending a castle against a siege. Loads if fun. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

May 3rd, 2010, 14:57
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
Bought MB:W this weekend and I'm so hooked I can't concentrate on anything else. The learning curve is pretty steep but it's loads of fun once you get the hang of it. Last night I spent 2 hours in a looooong battle defending a castle against a siege. Loads if fun. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.
Nice to hear this kinda stories. After king arthur and eschelon book2 iam gonna play this marvle.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

May 3rd, 2010, 20:51
Giant Bomb has a quick look on it up today. First part is a short bit on multi-player and the rest is on single player.

zzajin

innocent bystander

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount&Blade - Warband Reviews