|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Joystick 3.0 Concert

Default Dragon Age - Joystick 3.0 Concert

May 1st, 2010, 12:16
Inon Zur's PR crew sent out this PR, announcing his Dragon Age score will be perfomed at the next Joystick concert. I'd go, but Sweden is a bit out of my way:
MALMO SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA TO PERFORM INON ZUR'S AWARD-WINNING MUSIC FROM DRAGON AGETM: ORIGINS

On May 21st, the world of Ferelden will come to life in Sweden through the Malmö Symphony Orchestra at Joystick 3.0 Concert

Los Angeles, CA - April 29, 2010 - Inon Zur's award-winning music for the dark fantasy Role Playing Game Dragon Age™: Origins will be performed by the Malmö Symphony Orchestra at the "Joystick 3.0" symphonic video game music concert in Sweden on May 21st, 2010. The Joystick concert series currently holds the world record for a game music performance with an attendance of 17,000 at the first show in 2006. Tickets for the concert can be ordered from the Malmö Symphony Orchestra website www.mso.se.

"We are very pleased to invite the music from Dragon Age: Origins into our family of game music," said Joystick concert producer Orvar Safstrom. "Inon Zur's compositions transcend the genre, by not only enhancing the game's scenes but also by contributing unique and powerful elements to the overall atmosphere and storyline. Our audience is in for a real treat."
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 1st, 2010, 12:16
Looks really nice so far.

I generally liked the first part after all the upgrades.
CD Project definately has the talent to make this game superb.
The first one was a little rough around the edges sometimes, but nothing truly disturbing.

Charza

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Charza

May 1st, 2010, 13:27
Uhm, what has CD Projekt to do with a Dragon Age concert?

WorstUsernameEver

Sentinel

May 1st, 2010, 14:25
Yeah, that was a bit confusing to me as well…

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 3rd, 2010, 00:15
Game music concerts ? How interesting. I'd visit it for sure if it was near to me !
Last year the Night Of The Proms concert series also had a piece from a game's music score in its repertoire … But I don't remember from what it was …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 4th, 2010, 20:40
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Game music concerts ? How interesting. I'd visit it for sure if it was near to me !
Last year the Night Of The Proms concert series also had a piece from a game's music score in its repertoire … But I don't remember from what it was …
Night of the Proms? Do you mean the last night of the Proms? That won't have had any computer game music in it (just traditional British stuff), but there were some other Proms (other than the last night) which might have - the Dr Who Prom (Prom 13) was especially well received.

kalniel

SasqWatch

May 5th, 2010, 10:25
No, it's not the "Last Night Of The Proms", because that's a different thing, although the continental "Night Of The Proms" concert series seems to have been sparked from that.

More about it here: http://www.notp.com/english

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 5th, 2010, 11:11
Oh I see, thanks - never heard of it before

kalniel

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Joystick 3.0 Concert