|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Games for monkeys and the scourge

Default Games for monkeys and the scourge

July 2nd, 2015, 05:50
I don’t know if I am the last civilized person alive or not, but the growing trend of pc gamers treating the pc like a console and promoting controllers is causing me a lot of anger. I play the pc because of science and civilization and superior input devices such as keyboard and mouse. If I want to be and/or play games like a caveman monkey-savage I’d buy a console. Steam and their fucking big picture bullshit, and their stupid steam boxes for idiots and monkeys.

People who connect a controller to a pc should be shot repeatedly in the face in my opinion. These monkey-caveman-savages are the reason I have to spend 10 minutes scrolling through lists and tabs and console UI bullshit to change my armor like I live in -100,000 BC and I haven’t figured out fire or wheels yet. It is also the reason why, up until recently, rpgs started to mainly not be rpgs.

People who use controllers don’t like thinking. It is a scientific fact, hence why there is always almost zero character progression in controller-focused rpgs (having to assign stats, feats, skills, etc, confuses the controller users and their peon peasant monkey brains, and is also the reason why console “rpgs” usually only have 3 or 4 equipment slots).

People who use controllers are also far more prone to pedophilia, also a scientific fact and the reason why so many controller focused rpg games feature little girls in lingerie and hairless big eyed boys with tight, tight bums. Games designed for a civilized, thinking person’s medium a la PC have fully adult women in lingerie and grown men whose rears have been loosened by big poops and plenty of extremely large gas passings. My theory on this is they find children sexy and erotic because their monkey brains stopped developing between the ages of six to eight years old.

What the fuck is wrong with these monkeys? Should we rise up and stab them in the neck and piss on their uncivilized monkey faces? I say yes. What do you say?

I think we can all agree this scourge of savagery is the real Great Satan and the muslims should be told about it so they can do their thing. Maybe we don’t exactly agree on how these cavemen monkeys should be wiped out, but I’m almost certain everyone who can form a coherent sentence and lives in a industrialized, civilized country agrees these pieces of loathsome shits should stick to their tripe on the consoles and stay the fuck away from the pc (or die).

Post Script: Where is Dhruin?
Unrestigered is offline

Unrestigered

Sentinel

#1

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 282

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 07:25
Roqua is that you? If not you sound like his twin.

Thanks for the laugh anyway!
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
Spielkind
RPGWatch Donor

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,284

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 07:30
Dhruin is married - and just a lurker at RPGWatch now…
HiddenX is offline

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 6,037

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 07:42
Hey Jeremy clarkson stopped doing his silly autmobile thingy and is trolling us now!

Lol
Ursusdraconis is offline

Ursusdraconis

Watchdog

#4

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beneath the sea
Posts: 138

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 08:35
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Roqua is that you? If not you sound like his twin.

Thanks for the laugh anyway!
I was Bubbles but I can't log into Bubbles any more. I'm thinking my Bubbles account was banned? I'm not sure what email I used for it so I can't check.

Dhruin is married - and just a lurker at RPGWatch now…
I thought he was always married. Wasn't his wife a member of the nonflamer's guild during rpgdot? Or did he get divorced and remarried?
Unrestigered is offline

Unrestigered

Sentinel

#5

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 282

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 11:26
I agree that PC is the gaming device of choice for the enlightened and civilized gentleman however I have to admit that I have dark side and sometimes it rears its ugly head and force me to use the console and controller.
lostforever is offline

lostforever

SasqWatch

#6

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,875

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 12:40
Originally Posted by Unrestigered View Post
these pieces of loathsome shits should stick to their tripe on the consoles and stay the fuck away from the pc (or die).
Amen to that.
Well, just that part, because… The rest is misplaced.

People who connect a controller to a pc should be shot repeatedly in the face in my opinion. These monkey-caveman-savages are the reason I have to spend 10 minutes scrolling through lists and tabs and console UI bullshit to change my armor like I live in -100,000 BC and I haven’t figured out fire or wheels yet. It is also the reason why, up until recently, rpgs started to mainly not be rpgs.
This is not true.

It's not people to blame, but developers/publishers. They're the ones who should "stick to their tripe on the consoles and stay the fuck away from the pc (or die)". People need a choice and should have a choice on PC. PC is not a console where you can use only one controls type and nothing else. PC is a democratic machine where it's the consumer who'll decide if CPU will go AMD or Intel, if GPU will go nVidia or ATI, if it'll be equipped with SDD or not, etc - it's not an autocratic tyrant who forces you to use just one thing.

These bunch of developers/publishers just refuse to make a proper UI that works with any type of controls, or if not possible, they refuse to make two UI sets, each for different controls. Most recent such bullshit you can see in Neptunia on Steam where your eyes will bleed looking into retarded press A, B, X crap although you're trying to play with something that doesn't have those buttons.
In a better world this majority of developers/porters/publishers are just lazy, in the real world they're not competent, lack of ideas and games industry would be better without them.

Btw, I feel outtrolled which is a rare thing.
Good job Unrestigered aka Bubbles.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#7

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,345

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 12:47
Funny tags for this post hahahaha, I do think it had value though… everything that gives us a good laugh is valuable!
GothicGothicness is offline

GothicGothicness

GothicGothicness's Avatar
SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,977
+1:

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 12:52
It doesn't have a value. Because he posted it here.
It should have been posted on Ubisoft's AC3 feedback forum (never properly ported) or on Dragon Age Inquisition (did they sort the tactic view yet?) feedback forum.

When it comes to trolling, he still has to learn where to post.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#9

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,345

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 12:55
Thanks for the laugh

— Mike
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#10

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 12,306

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 16:28
Originally Posted by Unrestigered View Post
I thought he was always married. Wasn't his wife a member of the nonflamer's guild during rpgdot? Or did he get divorced and remarried?
Back during the RPGDot days, Dhruin was always talking about his "partner" when referring to Kayla but never his "wife". When Dhruin reappeared in August 2014, he said they'd been together for 20 years but only got married "recently" so I guess that confirms that they were not married previously.
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
Spielkind
RPGWatch Donor

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,284

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 17:09
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Back during the RPGDot days, Dhruin was always talking about his "partner" when referring to Kayla but never his "wife". When Dhruin reappeared in August 2014, he said they'd been together for 20 years but only got married "recently" so I guess that confirms that they were not married previously.
That makes sense then. She waited until she had the ring on her finger before inserting the claws and sucking out his soul until he is an empty, useless husk. Its a long process my wife started well over a decade ago. I'm almost completely emasculated now, but once in a great while I have a testosterone surge and stick up for myself or disagree with her on something and she makes me pay dearly for it. I shall keep him in my prayers.

This is not true.

It's not people to blame, but developers/publishers. They're the ones who should "stick to their tripe on the consoles and stay the fuck away from the pc (or die)". People need a choice and should have a choice on PC. PC is not a console where you can use only one controls type and nothing else. PC is a democratic machine where it's the consumer who'll decide if CPU will go AMD or Intel, if GPU will go nVidia or ATI, if it'll be equipped with SDD or not, etc - it's not an autocratic tyrant who forces you to use just one thing.

These bunch of developers/publishers just refuse to make a proper UI that works with any type of controls, or if not possible, they refuse to make two UI sets, each for different controls. Most recent such bullshit you can see in Neptunia on Steam where your eyes will bleed looking into retarded press A, B, X crap although you're trying to play with something that doesn't have those buttons.
In a better world this majority of developers/porters/publishers are just lazy, in the real world they're not competent, lack of ideas and games industry would be better without them.
I don't think the issue is publishers making a better UI. UIs are always great when designed for the civilized pc and civilized keyboard and mouse. I think the democratic choice isn't what controller to use on the pc. The democratic choice is between being a caveman monkey-savage who uses a controller or a civilized person who believes in science and equality and progress and technology and use the pc only with keyboard and mouse (or gamepad, keyboard and mouse. Gamepad being the small keyboard things).

You have to see the big picture of how controllers have a significant impact on game design. Games meant to be played with a controller are designed for controller players (cavemen monkey-savages with little monkey peon peasant brains), games designed to be played with the keyboard and mouse are meant to be played with people who don't immediately start licking windows when they get in a vehicle.

Maybe an analogy would make this easier to understand.

Designed for PC and keyboard and mouse is equivalent to a real MD using science to diagnose and cure you.

Designed for controllers is equivalent to a shaman witch doctor who shakes a shrunken head at you while screaming uga buga to diagnose and cure you.
Unrestigered is offline

Unrestigered

Sentinel

#12

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 282
+1:

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 17:19
Originally Posted by Unrestigered View Post
That makes sense then. She waited until she had the ring on her finger before inserting the claws and sucking out his soul until he is an empty, useless husk. Its a long process my wife started well over a decade ago. I'm almost completely emasculated now, but once in a great while I have a testosterone surge and stick up for myself or disagree with her on something and she makes me pay dearly for it. I shall keep him in my prayers.
I shall add you and Dhruin in my prayers as a fellow emasculated husband
lostforever is offline

lostforever

SasqWatch

#13

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,875

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 20:52
Unrestigered - what a fine name !

- Unrest
- Tiger
- Untigered
- an Un-Tiger, maybe ?
- Rest of a Tiger
- Rest-Tiger
- or a Tiger resting (after a long day, maybe)
- or a Tiger not registered to this forum here ?

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR

#14

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 16,497

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 21:30
Alrik…. I know it's currently almost 40°C all over Germany but…. seriously?

Maybe wear a hat tomorrow?
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
Spielkind
RPGWatch Donor

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,284
+1:

Default 

July 2nd, 2015, 21:48
I thought Alrik was the one that was banned. Was he promoting controllers?


Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Lucky Day is offline

Lucky Day

Lucky Day's Avatar
Daywatch

#16

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Uncanny Valley
Posts: 3,303

Default 

July 3rd, 2015, 02:04
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Roqua is that you? If not you sound like his twin.

Thanks for the laugh anyway!
Yes, that;s my old friend Roqua. Welcome back, we've missed your zany, if somewhat outrageous, approach to life, the universe and everything!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is online now

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#17

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,174
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

July 3rd, 2015, 02:06
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Yes, that;s my old friend Roqua. Welcome back, we've missed your zany, if somewhat outrageous, approach to life, the universe and everything!!
I'm not Roqua, I'm Bubbles.
Unrestigered is offline

Unrestigered

Sentinel

#18

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 282

Default 

July 3rd, 2015, 02:08
Sorry to pop your bubble, but I know better!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is online now

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#19

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,174
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

July 3rd, 2015, 04:09
But if we didn't have the divine controllers, how would we navigate up and down our gloriously linear LISTS? You've clearly been brainwashed by republicans and farm animals of various uses and sizes, because it has been known for ages that lists are how the gods speak to us.

Lucky Day, I had that exact joystick back in the day. I got it specifically for Wing Commander, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Oh, wait, no that joystick came much later. Never mind. But I did have it.
Korplem is offline

Korplem

Korplem's Avatar
Shipwreck

#20

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Posts: 838

Tags
emasculated (yes dear), nothing of value here, phone games are awesome, smell a codex troll
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Games for monkeys and the scourge
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:15.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch