|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eschalon: Book II - Mac, Linux, v1.03 Released

Default Eschalon: Book II - Mac, Linux, v1.03 Released

May 27th, 2010, 01:26
Basilisk Games has released the Mac and Linux versions of Eschalon: Book 2. In addition, v1.03 is available for Windows to match the version of the new releases. Here's the PR:
Basilisk Games Announces the Availability of Eschalon: Book II for Macintosh and Linux

Indianapolis, IN - May 26, 2010 - Basilisk Games, Inc. today announced that Eschalon: Book II for Macintosh and Linux based computers is now available.

"Macintosh and Linux users can finally return to the land of Eschalon once again" said Thomas Riegsecker, Lead Developer of the Eschalon series. "We are very pleased to be able to offer Book II on multiple platforms. Players only need one Registration Code to have access to all three versions. Once you purchase a Registration Code, the game is yours to play on any computer you own."

Eschalon: Book II is available now for Windows, Macintosh and Linux based computers. A Registration Code capible of unlocking all three versions is available directly from the Basilisk Games website. Most major digital distribution services will be offering Eschalon: Book II in the next two weeks.

About Eschalon: Book II

Eschalon: Book II is the sequel to 2007's hit independent role-playing game, Eschalon: Book I. Continue your journey across massive outdoor environments and deep into twisted dungeons as you seek to uncover the mystery of your past and who is behind the menace that threatens all of Eschalon. No experience with the first game is needed to enjoy this second chapter in the Eschalon trilogy. More information on the game and links to the demo and video trailer can be found online at: http://basiliskgames.com/eschalon_book_ii
More information.
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 01:26
Any reviews out for this yet? I'm definitely intrigued, but would really appreciate reading a few reviews first.
Ovenall is offline

Ovenall

Ovenall's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#2

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Downtown Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,044

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 01:28
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
Any reviews out for this yet? I'm definitely intrigued, but would really appreciate reading a few reviews first.
Why won´t you simply try the demo?
vidder is offline

vidder

Watchdog

#3

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 158

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 03:41
It's awesome, buy it.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 04:30
Agree this game is awesome if you like Exploratory atmospheric RPG's based on stats and skills.

If you like these kind of old school games and want more of them made please support this developer by buying his game. He does wonderful work I think.
Saxon1974 is offline

Saxon1974

Saxon1974's Avatar
Sentinel

#5

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 318

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 04:59
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Agree this game is awesome if you like Exploratory atmospheric RPG's based on stats and skills.

If you like these kind of old school games and want more of them made please support this developer by buying his game. He does wonderful work I think.
Plus I have my name in the credits And it is awesome.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#6

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 08:44
If you enjoyed Book 1, you most certainly enjoy Book 2 !
Its in my opinion shorter but more balanced and fine tuned.
ikbenrichard is offline

ikbenrichard

ikbenrichard's Avatar
Fulltime RPG watcher

#7

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 772

Default 

May 27th, 2010, 15:07
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
If you enjoyed Book 1, you most certainly enjoy Book 2 !
Its in my opinion shorter but more balanced and fine tuned.
It is actually longer then book 1, if you do all the optional quests etc.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 03:29
I was disappointed by the length of the main quest and the number of settlements. Sure, there's more loot, some cool rules that add to the gameplay and graphics are shinier but I was really expecting a more buzzing world. Hell, the first Eschalon game had more settlements than the sequel (I think). The Norland area in the game is a joke. One settlement and a mine and the rest is just a big wasteland.

Also, the damn walking speed. A stroll through a dense forrest area is a class A torture.
Butthurt is offline

Butthurt

Butthurt's Avatar
Traveler

#9

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 15:45
Originally Posted by Butthurt View Post
I was disappointed by the length of the main quest and the number of settlements. Sure, there's more loot, some cool rules that add to the gameplay and graphics are shinier but I was really expecting a more buzzing world. Hell, the first Eschalon game had more settlements than the sequel (I think). The Norland area in the game is a joke. One settlement and a mine and the rest is just a big wasteland.

Also, the damn walking speed. A stroll through a dense forrest area is a class A torture.
I think you may have misseda few things in your play through. There are more settlements in book 2 then book 1. I would have liked to see more in the norland area, but there are a few more things then a mine and a settlement.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#10

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 18:38
I have to agree with the walking speed. Is there some reason our characters are almost lame? I downloaded the demo last night and I was looking for the run key immediately. I've wandered around a few minutes and I'm having a hard time telling any differences from the first game so far. Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.

'nut
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 3,818

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 19:12
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I have to agree with the walking speed. Is there some reason our characters are almost lame? I downloaded the demo last night and I was looking for the run key immediately. I've wandered around a few minutes and I'm having a hard time telling any differences from the first game so far. Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.
You mean you didn't notice the resolution difference or weather? The walking speed is alot faster then the first one. This is definately not a fly through action rpg though.

The chests ares till random, but done a bit differently AFIK.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#12

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 20:59
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Are chests and store inventories still random? I used to always save before opening anything and reload if I got crap.
Regarding chests, that's an option you set after creating your character. The contents of all chests may be generated from a single seed and no reloading will help. If you turn this option on, you have a bonus to your final score / item quality / xp (depending on other options - all three boni if you go all "hardcore").
Elwro is offline

Elwro

Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy

#13

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 482

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 21:37
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
This is definately not a fly through action rpg though
Yeah, this is a very deep RPG.
Butthurt is offline

Butthurt

Butthurt's Avatar
Traveler

#14

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 21:57
Originally Posted by Butthurt View Post
Yeah, this is a very deep RPG.
What's with the stupid comment? It is not an action fly through rpg, does that make it easier for you to understand?
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#15

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,015

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 22:39
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
What's with the stupid comment? It is not an action fly through rpg, does that make it easier for you to understand?
You justified the agonizingly slow walking speed by claiming that the game is not an "fly through action RPG". I figured you meant that the game is "one of those RPG's with depth". Whether I missunderstood that part or not your justification is still silly.
Butthurt is offline

Butthurt

Butthurt's Avatar
Traveler

#16

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10

Default 

May 28th, 2010, 22:57
That's your comment about walking speed which is silly, you quote Book 2 has a slower walk speed than Book 1 when it's the reverse. Did you really played Book 1?
Dasale is offline

Dasale

SasqWatch

#17

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,096

Default 

May 29th, 2010, 00:20
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
you quote Book 2 has a slower walk speed than Book 1 when it's the reverse.
I made no such claim.
Butthurt is offline

Butthurt

Butthurt's Avatar
Traveler

#18

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10

Default 

May 29th, 2010, 01:00
Frankly, the character is only a bit faster… all the walking gets pretty boring sometimes.

But I'm still in the demo areas. Hope the plot'll pick up.
Elwro is offline

Elwro

Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy

#19

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 482

Default 

May 29th, 2010, 07:08
There's definitely a plot. Also while the walking speed is faster, there is a valid reason for it not being too fast; it's called TURNS!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#20

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,556
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eschalon: Book II - Mac, Linux, v1.03 Released
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:53.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch