|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ES4: Knights of the Nine - Review @ Game Industry News

Default ES4: Knights of the Nine - Review @ Game Industry News

January 9th, 2007, 12:40
Bethsoft's latest Oblivion addon, Knights of the Nine, has been reviewed at Game Industry News. Despite some criticism of the scope and length, the score is a full 5/5. Here's the conclusion:
As expansion packs go, I was both impressed and slightly disappointed with this one. I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind. Knights is nice, but getting finished in just six hours left me wanting more. If you have a PC, do yourself a favor and buy the full retail game box so at least you will have a bunch of extra content to play with as well as the Knights quest. Either way, Knights will inject some real life into Oblivion for you, especially if you have started to wander off and play other titles.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 9th, 2007, 12:40
This isn't a "real" expansion though is it. It's just the downloadable content in a box.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

January 9th, 2007, 13:17
Yes, Knights of the Nine is just a mini-expansion with 2-10 hours of gameplay and the boxed version also contains all of the previously released DLC.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe

KazikluBey

Sentinel

January 9th, 2007, 14:55
Originally Posted by woges View Post
This isn't a "real" expansion though is it. It's just the downloadable content in a box.
It isn't an 'expansion' in terms of area, but there is a fairly large (some quoting ~20 hours) quest set provided as the core content. The boxed version has that *plus* every previous downloadable content pack.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 9th, 2007, 15:11
My statement was in regards to the review which states "I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind."

Its was never intended to be that. The first "proper" expansion will be The Shimmering Isles.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

January 9th, 2007, 15:15
Originally Posted by woges View Post
My statement was in regards to the review which states "I kind of expected something on the order of Bloodmoon, which offered what amounted to an entirely new game for Morrowind."

Its was never intended to be that. The first "proper" expansion will be The Shimmering Isles.
Oh - that makes sense … I was just clarifying on your statement "It's just the downloadable content in a box."

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 9th, 2007, 15:32
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
It isn't an 'expansion' in terms of area, but there is a fairly large (some quoting ~20 hours) quest set provided as the core content. The boxed version has that *plus* every previous downloadable content pack.
Hurrah for the horse armor!
Last edited by Dez; January 9th, 2007 at 16:06.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

January 9th, 2007, 20:03
This really isn't an expansion pack.

It is just the downloadable content + a new quest. (if you get the bixed version).

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

January 9th, 2007, 20:11
This just adds another new quest line like the Fighter, Mage, Thief or Assassin guilds quests, from what I understand.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ES4: Knights of the Nine - Review @ Game Industry News