|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity II: FoV - German Version Finished

Default Divinity II: FoV - German Version Finished

June 27th, 2010, 23:20
In a new status update Swen "Lar" Vincke states that the German version is done (if nothing pops up). In this update he mentions the reason why the German version is released first (again!!).
I can hear our non-German fans sigh - why once again the German version first ?

The sigh is warranted as we didn't expect it to turn out that way, and actually hoped that we were going to have a simultaneous release, but unfortunately it turned out that way, though I have to say in the same breath that there are some fortunate bits in there too. The reason for a split release is pretty simple - different distributors in different territories were signed at different dates and have different marketing approaches and probably also different target audiences. I know we haven't announced yet who'll be doing the publishing and distribution of the other language versions, but that'll change pretty soon. We actually just signed the deals last week, so PR/Marketing need some time to warm up.
In addition he gives some background information about Divine Divinity and that even though they tried to delay the game as it had too many issues, it did not help. An interesting read.
Thanks Alrik for the information.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 27th, 2010, 23:20
Time to learn German…

Hmm, actually I'll just wait for the international release.

ortucis

June 28th, 2010, 15:32
(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Don't worry ortucis, look how quickly River of Time got translated to English…..The European market is quite skilled, or not. We can play Venetica while we wait, or not.

'nut
Last edited by crpgnut; June 29th, 2010 at 00:37.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

June 29th, 2010, 11:32
I think this is in times where games generally are published for the English-speaking market first, quite a sight.

In an Star Wars collecting forum an U.S. ( ! ) citizen wrote that :

It's the "fast food mentality" that many Americans have; "we" want it fast, cheap, and hate having to wait in line for it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 29th, 2010, 14:56
That basically describes us all too well, Alrik.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity II: FoV - German Version Finished