Fallout 3 - All DLC now Available @ Steam

aries100

SasqWatch
$10 for these DLC's? I enjoyed F3 and all but really, after spending money on GOTY (thank god) I won't recommend anyone getting these unless they cost less than $5 each.

Seriously, Mothership Zeta was the biggest disappointment. Ridiculous amount of bugs, bugs (and the aliens were even more boring than sitting through the main quest of F3) than won't even let you finish the quests sometimes (and you can't leave alien ship until you finish it so you better find a way around or get ready to load a old save game). I somehow managed to finish the last quest making NPC's trigger dialogues and doors by pushing them slowly for ages (that's nothing), but no patch at all for this DLC is pathetic.

You won't get many issues with other DLC but they still feel half assed efforts (like making you leave your partners behind for hours just to finish a random quest.. these DLC's are just a giant quest in the end).

So yeah, get the GOTY if you can.

The one in the swamp was a lot of fun. Mothership Zeta was indeed quite, but Operation Anchorage was even worse. I haven't played the other two.

Point Lookout was my favorite add-on, after that Broken Steel. Even if one doesn't like the story itself (I thought it was enjoyable enough), the extra content and fixed ending was worth grabbing it for.

I had some fun with F3 and wouldn't mind checking out a couple of the DLC but there is no way I would spend$10US on them. Somewhere between $3-$5 and I would think about it.

When they don't sell much/any at that price point, it should come down!!

Point Look and Broken Steel are both pretty good. Broken Steel fixes the end, and adds a (totally linear, with minimal choice) section on to the end of the game. There is a big choice at the end of it, though.

Point Look is outstanding. You go to a whole new area, with plenty to do a good mix of side quests, main quest, exploration - I highly recommend it. Of all of them, that's the one I'd definitely pay the $10 for.

Broken Steel also improves random encounters and rise the level cap. If one already reached level 20 in the main campaign and haven't played the DLC, I would tell them to install Broken Steel first, even if they aren't going to do the story.

Broken Steel also improves random encounters and rise the level cap. If one already reached level 20 in the main campaign and haven't played the DLC, I would tell them to install Broken Steel first, even if they aren't going to do the story.

Absolutely need Broken Steel before the others in my opinion, just because of the additional 10 levels. I did not get Mothership Zeta, I just didn't see a reason to port to a spaceship and kill aliens. The rest I enjoyed, but I agree, $10 for each sounds a bit high.

When they don't sell much/any at that price point, it should come down!!
That's for sure. 75% off sales aren't uncommon!

Coincidently, I'm about to start playing FO3 again. I haven't played it since release so I've never tried any of the DLC.

Is there any reason to not have all the DLC installed right from the beginning?

No. Feel free to.

Broken Steel in particular is one that everyone should have.

Coincidently, I'm about to start playing FO3 again. I haven't played it since release so I've never tried any of the DLC.

Best to have them all installed I'd say. You can still do the DLC's in any order you want.

My preferred order if doing it all:
The Pitt (not too hard, good place to pick up some starting gear, skills, and you're playing in a place the Brotherhood has already been, like catching up on their history)
Anchorage (nice change of pace, lots of stealth is good here and some nice rewards, gets you some history with the Outcasts)
Main quest line thru Broken Steel (you'll be more than ready after those other two DLCs)
Point Lookout (the enemies there are the toughest, being fully geared and levelled won't hurt the experience of doing this late, and it will get you out of DC, which you'll enjoy after finishing Broken Steel)

Back
Top Bottom