|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Recap & Pre-Order

Default Grim Dawn - Recap & Pre-Order

August 7th, 2010, 21:36
There's a snippet of details on Grim Dawn @ Rock Paper Shotgun.
One Mr Afifi reminds me of the existence of Grim Dawn. It’s being created by veterans of the sadly missed Iron Lore – who you’ll remember from Titan Quest. Last time I checked there was no images, but there’s a mass of early Alpha shots to nose at now, as well as talk about its features such as destructible scenery, building characters from five skill-classes and NPC-faction-relations. Oh – and multiplayer. They’re also giving the option to pre-order now, for twenty dollars basic version or pay more to get special editions (and your name in the credits). I strongly suspect this will be worth keeping an eye on so – er – I will. I’m a bit of a Beholder in terms of the amount of eyes I’m able to access to keep track of RPGs. Very handy.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 7th, 2010, 21:36
This one will be the best aRPG since TQ.

In fact, it will be a mixture of of action- and "real" RPG's.
Branching questlines, faction system, destructible objects together with a loot based gameplay. I can't wait to get it.

szokol

Watchdog

August 8th, 2010, 11:15
how can you know such things?

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

August 8th, 2010, 14:57
They're on the feature list page here. To quote:

• New quest and conversation system will allow players to choose quest paths and rewards, interact with NPCs in more interesting ways, and an intuitive quest creation wizard will make life a lot easier for modders.

• An NPC faction system lets the player improve their relations with different NPC groups to earn rewards as their favor increases such as merchant discounts, new items, and additional quest lines. However, aiding one faction could turn a rival faction into your enemy. Choose which side you will support!

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 8th, 2010, 15:31
I'm so glad to see you guys covering this game. It's the most promising game I've seen in a long time, and yes, I've already pre-ordered the Legendary copy.

Crate Entertainment may just be the only developer on the planet still interested in making games for the PC market. It seems that everything else is being made for the console, with a craptastic PC port if you're very lucky.

I've completely given up on Dragon Age and the new Dungeon Siege, let the console owners have them (I know I won't be touching them).

So I'm really hoping that Grim Dawn is a fantastic success for these guys and makes them heaps of money (and I hope they never get seduced by the Darkside and start making their games for the console).

Tiptoe

Watcher

August 8th, 2010, 16:27
Originally Posted by woges View Post
They're on the feature list page here. To quote:
actually i mean

This one will be the best aRPG since TQ.
how can you tell such things from some screenshots and a feature list?

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

August 8th, 2010, 22:23
Originally Posted by turian View Post
actually i mean

how can you tell such things from some screenshots and a feature list?
They made TQ, updated the engine since then, and inserted some real cool features. What else should I think?

An one more thing: I am a forum member at their site, and they have a thing about forum comments: They read it, and think about the different suggestions and ideas. In fact, they use them.
Even destructible objects are an AAA game feature (remember, this is an indie game), but now there are floating objects, which I never seen in any game, I think.

szokol

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Recap & Pre-Order