|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Puzzle Quest 2 - Steam Release Next Week

Default Puzzle Quest 2 - Steam Release Next Week

August 7th, 2010, 00:50
Puzzle Quest 2 hits the PC via Steam next week on August 13, with a 10% discount on offer for preorders.
Thanks, Daddy32!
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 7th, 2010, 00:50
I've been playing the Xbox360 demo version. It can be fun, but it's stripped of the larger macro-gameplay elements of it's predecessor. Instead, you'll be focusing more on the development and equipment of your character this time around, with a default attack move coming into play upon matching the new "fist" icons. Gone are the stars and coins in the puzzle grid, a match I never made anyway unless I had nothing else. Also, the environments are much smaller, exploration of dungeons and such.

Like I said, it's a fun game, and it can be addictive, but it definitely feels like a stripped down version of the original. Even the art direction and graphics are lackluster and feel half baked. The original had quality artwork and a nice style and a charm about it that this iteration does not. I'll be waiting til it goes on sale

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

August 7th, 2010, 02:15
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Like I said, it's a fun game, and it can be addictive, but it definitely feels like a stripped down version of the original. Even the art direction and graphics are lackluster and feel half baked. The original had quality artwork and a nice style and a charm about it that this iteration does not. I'll be waiting til it goes on sale
I have the exact opposite opinion of the graphics. While the first game used an odd mashup of anime and generic fantasy, PQ2 has a consistent style and beautiful artwork.

Zborno

Watcher

August 7th, 2010, 10:45
Is there a PC demo version ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 9th, 2010, 09:16
Looking forward to the PC version. The resultant sleep deprivation not so much, though, hehe.

By the way, they are doing some soundtrack promotion on Facebook where you can listen to a few tracks. Even works without having an account.

lef

Sojourner

August 9th, 2010, 14:53
IMHO it feels like PQ2 is PQ1 and vice-versa. Still fun though

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Puzzle Quest 2 - Steam Release Next Week