|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - In-Game Footage

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - In-Game Footage

August 14th, 2010, 16:22
The first official in-game footage for Deus Ex: HR has been released - check it out at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 14th, 2010, 16:23
This feels more like a Splinter Cell derivative than a Deus Ex. My fear is that gameplay won't be emergent enough. I want space to be creative and mess around.

Grandor Dragon

SasqWatch

August 14th, 2010, 17:14
Eh, not enough gameplay for a gameplay trailer.
Iīve seen a longer "unofficial" gameplay footage from same level about a month ago and while there was more of a gameplay and not just cutscenes that play when player performs special moves and such I donīt think fans of the original will be much pleased with this. Basically, not enough emergent gameplay to be had it seemed so I share Grandor Dragonīs concerns.
For example, there was a bomb ticking and the way it was dealt with was not letting a player to avoid/disable the bomb, instead there was a cutscene.
Hopefully the constant switches to third person are switch off-able.

For once, Iīd like to see a modern sequel to an older classic that correctly recognizes main strengths of the original and actually tries to build upon them, not a sequel that just capitalizes on the name and is scared shitless of missing the nextgen train.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - In-Game Footage