|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Interview @ Gamasutra

Default Neverwinter - Interview @ Gamasutra

September 1st, 2010, 13:22
Jack Emmert has been interviewed at Gamasutra, again spending a fair bit of time explaining what Neverwinter isn't and not so much explaining what it is:
So was Neverwinter originally conceived as a co-op RPG, or as an MMO?
JE: Neverwinter was, at least initially… I'll be honest, my initial version is far different. My initial version was a flat-out MMO that would essentially be different zones in Neverwinter, and there would be various entrances and critters scattered throughout. And my initial idea — and again, we flushed this down the toilet because this was a while ago — but it was essentially going to be a dungeon that would be instanced between you and your friends. Any real story, per se, was all about exploration.
And there would be stories you would stumble upon, like, "Oh hey, these goblins are trying to relocate the tribe," or "Oh hey, these bandits are trying to look for a particular artifact." But you wouldn't go to a contact to get a mission, per se, as you would in World of Warcraft or Champions Online or whatever. It would be more exploration. But we decided that it would be something else, and I'm entirely for that, because it makes sense.
Thanks, Luck Day!
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 1st, 2010, 13:22
I'm really looking forward to this one, but I hope they start adding more classes soon after the release.

- If at first you don't succeed… try, try again.

Davion

Lawful Good

September 1st, 2010, 18:28
The game has one thing going for it - low expectations.

Umbragen

Watcher

September 1st, 2010, 22:33
Umbragen- I laughed out loud at that.

Davion- I am guessing that there will be more and more info on customizations of the 4 classes versus tons of separate "classes." Completely a guess though.

I hold out a tiny glimmer of hope that there's some pay-to-play pricing. That's the only way I'll even try it. I am just too busy to commit to any monthly fee based MMO, no matter who makes it or what it's about.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter - Interview @ Gamasutra