|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Agency - To have Real Money Trading

Default The Agency - To have Real Money Trading

May 15th, 2008, 15:30
Eurogamer reports that The Agency will have RMT supported via Live Gamer. Making this possibly free to play though EQ2 runs this as well and is still subscription based.
SOE president John Smedley seemed to hint as much in his comment on the deal. "We are actively exploring free-to-play and other revenue models, and always looking for new ways to engage and entertain gamers," he said. "Live Gamer is a proven partner that protects and supports our gamers who participate in RMT [real money trading]. We trust them to handle this area of the business for us so that we can focus on creating and growing our games."
Live Gamer president Andrew Schneider added that The Agency and Free Realms were "titles for which the idea of RMT has been built in from the very early stages of design". The press release notes that The Agency will allow players to customise their characters through "attire, weaponry, gadgets, vehicles, gear and aliases that tailor their game play" - all of which could be sold.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

May 15th, 2008, 15:30
Can someone pls shut that man up.

Now its like Asia you pay for every damn item and stuff with dollars and Gold Sellers made legal. Great… what comes next I wonder? Craptastic.

elikal

Sentinel

May 15th, 2008, 23:20
Great, another game coming out that I won't have to waste any time or money on. Too bad, seemed like it might be a little different kind of game, I was hoping to try it out. Not with RMT, not happening, ever for me.
Contrary to Smed's stated opinion, RMT is not a 'win' for the consumer, it's a bad bad deal designed to profit off of immature decisions made from addictive personalites. Sounds like selling dope doesn't it?

Greymane

SasqWatch

September 3rd, 2010, 13:42
Thank you for your information on real money trading…! I really appreciate you….

AltonDelmote

Banned

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Agency - To have Real Money Trading