|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King Arthur - Saxons Review @ Resolution Magazine

Default King Arthur - Saxons Review @ Resolution Magazine

September 2nd, 2010, 01:59
There's a review of the Saxons DLC for King Arthur over at Resolution Magazine, with the author wanting more inspiration from such content. The score is 6/10 and here's an excerpt:
Having enjoyed King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame an awful lot a few months ago I was quite looking forward to seeing what the inevitable DLC or expansion would be. There were a couple of small downloads with new artefacts and units but that stuff never interests me on its own. As a larger package however though, itís rather appealing. Thatís kind of what The Saxons is and at the same time isnít. Yes you get new artefacts, spells, ladies, heroes, quests and a few new units but at the same time thereís nothing meaty like a new map to explore. Instead itís just a big chunk of Ďmore of the sameí. Thatís not strictly a bad thing but I hope that any future DLC will be a bit more inspired.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 2nd, 2010, 01:59
The Saxons was pretty poor for a few reasons - the main one being that the Saxon story has none of the non-human elements that make the game interesting!

Alistair

Sentinel

September 2nd, 2010, 18:44
I couldn't get into King Arthur game at all due to how unbalanced it is… Plus Level scaling is the devil.

Sergius64

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King Arthur - Saxons Review @ Resolution Magazine