|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Faery - Screens @ Blues

Default Faery - Screens @ Blues

September 15th, 2010, 13:44
Bluesnews has some screens and art from Faery: Legends of Avalon.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 15th, 2010, 13:44
This looks so … weird, so odd, I must buy this instantly !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 15th, 2010, 16:01
Those shots were not what i was expecting. I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

DarNoor

Sentinel

September 15th, 2010, 16:10
I fondly remember the fairy-collecting adventure/rpg game Zanzarah… A game about fairies needn't be twee or childish (or new-agey), yet can evoke those powerful child-like stirrings in an adult. I suppose I'm also nostalgic for a time I never really knew, when myth and folklore were very much alive and necessary in people's lives. But I digress I guess.

Twinfalls

Traveler

September 15th, 2010, 17:16
I'm also a fan of Zanzarah - or at least have been, since it is sol old now.

But the press and as a result of that the gamers stamped it as a "Pokémon-game" => "childish".

I think this could have been the beginning of the fashion that games should be dark and not cute in any way.

I have never ever felt in any game the feeling of actually losing any sense of direction within a wood … which was so dark, I did not know where I was.

Normal woods in games are considerably light : the trees are high, thin, do not stand much together, and they have few leaves that the sonshine easil comes through.

That wood I'm talking of in Zanzarah was the total opposite of that. Short, but very, very broad trees, so thick leaves that the sunshine hardly ever comes through … I have never ever seen a wood in any game that was so immersive, it almost gave me the shivers.
And it was neither dirty, not gritty in any way. Just dark, and … so … thick I quickly lost my way within it.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 15th, 2010, 19:01
looks interesting
Zanzarah was an enjoyable game.
there is a huge difference between childish and childlike(which Zanzarah) was. I also enjoyed Darkeneyed Skye, came out in the same time period, which while not an RPG it did have a cool spell system, tons of quirky humour and a light hearted adventure.

curious

liberty or license

September 15th, 2010, 21:44
I sometimes (but not always) have the feeling as if games made for kids or youngsters are often under-estimated.

I think they are often good games which can be played "on-the-fly" instead of big, huge games which requitre the player to constantly fcus on the game.

So … I think that's also the distinction between casual games and "professional games".

For just relaxing, I think are these games just better.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 15th, 2010, 21:57
Faery: Legends of Avalon will be available in November 2010 on Playstation® Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade and for download on PC.
hmmmm . . . It looks good but the marketing scheme has me thinking it may be a tad light on content. Still, I've been playing a ton of casual games lately so the marketing is not scaring me away.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

September 16th, 2010, 00:31
Yay! Fairies!

Anderson

Consolized

September 16th, 2010, 12:59
and for download on PC
Uh … Maybe, if it's on steam, then I might use my coupon, then … BUt as download … sounds awful to me. But I think you already know how I think about download-onlies [from "download-only"].

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Faery - Screens @ Blues