|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Sordahan's Journey #4

Default Two Worlds II - Sordahan's Journey #4

September 16th, 2010, 13:24
The 4th part of Southpeak's comedic live action Two Worlds II videos featuring Sordahan is up at Joystiq. It's the same brand of comedy as the last three but it made me chuckle.
In other news, Ripten has Five Reasons Two Worlds II Won't Suck:
Reason #2 DEEP Customization.
There are no classes in TW II, you build your own. You can also build up and break down nearly any materials in the game to create better armor and weapons. The crafting system is enormous and the spell system is currently being considered by the Guiness Book of World Records for the most player activated spells or abilities in a videogame . . .ever.
Now, I know what youre saying, Oh great, a really complicated spell building system? No thanks. But alas! Not only is this system easy and intuitive, but its also easy and intuitive!! You simply stack and arrange cards to upgrade and change spells!! Want a lightning spell? Done. Want an AOE lightning spell? Done. Want an AOE lightning spell that shoots 5 bolts instead of 3? Done. Want an AOE Lightning spell that shoots 5 bolts instead of 3 and ricochets off the environment? DONE. See what Im getting at here?
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 16th, 2010, 13:24
Well I like that they are taking some risks but I'd like to learn more about the world and how interactive is it?

Daroou

Sentinel

September 16th, 2010, 13:43
I did read the 5 reasons 2W2 will not suck and i have to add that bad level scaling , level restrictions for gear and wrong choice of DRM can make the game suck marbles .

Tragos

Otinanist

September 17th, 2010, 01:12
"the most player activated spells or abilities in a videogame . . .ever"

Meh. Claims like that never pan out to much even when true.

The no classes thing sounds good, though. Classes are a simplification crutch from early paper RPGs that should have died ages ago.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

September 17th, 2010, 02:14
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
"the most player activated spells or abilities in a videogame . . .ever"

Meh. Claims like that never pan out to much even when true.
Yeah, I mean couldn't you also make that claim for the spell-making system in The Elder Scrolls? You could make countless spells, just with slightly different damage/duration/effect/range.

DPB

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Sordahan's Journey #4