|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » This game is starting to turn me off…..I must be doing someting wrong.

Default This game is starting to turn me off…..I must be doing someting wrong.

September 30th, 2010, 18:55
The combat seems clunky….I've tried to like this game and in all honestly I still do. I mean, it's like oblivion on steroids. It's just that the melee seems off. When I'm swinging my sword animals can lunge at me without gettting hit. At the beginning if I see more than 1 animal I give a sigh and pass by them. When I shoot my arrows they can be on target and still not hit the NPC. I can see them hit, but still nothing. Once you get hit by whatever you're fighting theres no hope. I wouldn't mind that as long as there was some sort of method to melee. It doesn't help that the load screen takes longer than 2 minutes to load.

Someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong b/c I really still like this game and more than likely will keep playing until I get to a very deep breaking point.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher

September 30th, 2010, 20:58
Yes, as i suspected you are playing it wrong, you are hacking and slashing (in true Diablo style!) instead of role-playing….stick with the quests and the quest sequence, go to each town and talk to everyone, do the quests that you think are correct (there are some wrong/questionable quests)!! - you must build your stats and reputation up gradually until you become a powerful force to be reckoned with. Don't worry, later in the game it will all happen. Many gamers have fell by the wayside trying to be a super hero right from the start - be patient, be cool.
G3 is a beautiful game, all will become much clearer later, killing un-hostiles both human and orcs wil penalise you and endure consequences.

Wulf

Inquisitor

September 30th, 2010, 21:03
Make sure you've installed the latest community patch. I believe that helps the load times and the rapid fire wolves quite a bit.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer

September 30th, 2010, 21:35
Should've installed CP 1.7x
They really improve melee.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

September 30th, 2010, 21:54
I found archery quite nice. Then I switched to a mage career and shot everything down with fireball and ice lance.

The latest CP is a must IMHO. But of ocurse it's also okay if you don't want to use it.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » This game is starting to turn me off…..I must be doing someting wrong.