|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Loaded 1.71 and got an error…

Default Loaded 1.71 and got an error…

October 1st, 2010, 23:31
Something like "INVALID CONFIG FILE". I press "ok" and it says something like cannot load singleton or something.

My rig:
Windows 7
Intle i5
eVGA Nvidia card
4 gig of ram
Last edited by DudeNtheRoom; October 1st, 2010 at 23:44.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher

October 2nd, 2010, 00:43
I reinstalled G3 and started with the patch 1.70 instead of 1.6. Then installed 1.71. I heard that there was a 1.73…..but its no on the site http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/p…ic3/patch.html

I checked out a few other sites and they only had up to patch 1.6 and so.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher

October 2nd, 2010, 01:26
The final patch is 1.74

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…d.php?t=825092

The patch can be installed on all g3 versions and is available for all languages. It's only for original G3 game, not for Forsaken Gods.
The CP 1.74 contains all previous patches. So you need only this patch to update Gothic 3.
1.7x savegames are compatible with CP 1.74. Older savegames (1.60 or earlier) are not compatible.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 2nd, 2010, 04:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
The final patch is 1.74

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…d.php?t=825092

Which I pointed to back when it all started:
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
Welcome aboard.

First of all you should get the latest Community Patch.Check our last G3 newsbit for download links.Install it and hit us back with some feedback.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

October 2nd, 2010, 08:14
Look, I've got alot going on right now, lets not be anal. Before you say this has happened before with me, I got a snotty reply the first time I missed something that someone already posted.

Not everyone can pay attention to you all the time.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher

October 2nd, 2010, 09:18
Originally Posted by DudeNtheRoom View Post
Look, I've got alot going on right now, lets not be anal. Before you say this has happened before with me, I got a snotty reply the first time I missed something that someone already posted.

Not everyone can pay attention to you all the time.
Look, its you coming here with lots of questions, if you don't listen to the advice given, people will soon stop responding. Nobody likes to answer the same question over and over. There are plenty of posts and info about 1.74 here already, as well as on World of Gothic.

Maybe you should start with a fresh install, if you have problems, I don't know about that specific error. You could also ask at WoG, where the CP developers and a lot of G3 fans sometimes hang out.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

October 2nd, 2010, 11:26
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
Look, its you coming here with lots of questions, if you don't listen to the advice given, people will soon stop responding. Nobody likes to answer the same question over and over. There are plenty of posts and info about 1.74 here already, as well as on World of Gothic.

Maybe you should start with a fresh install, if you have problems, I don't know about that specific error. You could also ask at WoG, where the CP developers and a lot of G3 fans sometimes hang out.
That part made my jaw drop. 1) you don't have to answer 2) its a Gothic forum. As I said, the first time I missed something that someone said I got a smart response. So don't act like it was something I had coming.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher

October 2nd, 2010, 14:11
Relax guys. There still seem to be some technical issues, so let's work on the problem.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Loaded 1.71 and got an error…